Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 09:50 PM

the funeral tv adds Arrrgh''''''

oh' god- do we need this all the time -tv add on funeral payments - poor woman in the add' pop't in to say helo and he shoves the phone in her hand to ring sunlife up -coz if u dont u will go to a paupers grave wtf jeeez I cant wait to phone mine up and see if I get a free gift ' like a pen ''DO I NEED THAT NO THANX ,,, far to many adds on it ' I can see now why the undertakers got so rich -everyones in a panic ''are you ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Re: the funeral tv adds Arrrgh''''''

Maddy, l haven’t seen the adverts yet as l record programmes and fast forward them. I will look out for the funeral plan ones.

I always, think being an Undertaker is a good career to have, as they will always have a job and are never short of customers!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 10:56 PM

They're on constantly on daytime TV, someone should do a PHD thesis on the effects.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 11:43 PM

They strengthen the will to live to a hundred .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
oh' god- do we need this all the time -tv add on funeral payments - poor woman in the add' pop't in to say helo and he shoves the phone in her hand to ring sunlife up -coz if u dont u will go to a paupers grave wtf jeeez I cant wait to phone mine up and see if I get a free gift ' like a pen ''DO I NEED THAT NO THANX ,,, far to many adds on it ' I can see now why the undertakers got so rich -everyones in a panic ''are you ?

I agree, Maddy.

They do seem rather frequent of late.
Gives me the willies.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->

I agree,as soon as they come on,I either turn television off,or turn over the programme ,as for that sun life ,her voice grates on me,..did you see the parsnips he brought round?... I've never made parsnip jam!.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 08:14 AM

I think theyre trash and so patronising...as if anyone over 50 is stupid.
I have heard (on local news) though that lots of people who have taken out these "funeral pre-pay plans" have been seriously left wanting . I wouldnt touch any of these pre pay plans with a barge pole tbh.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 08:53 AM

Not only the death chaser adverts but the begging ones asking for so much a month. Then I suppose we could go to the money lenders to pay for it all @ 2000 per cent interest.

then we could all ride away on those bank black horses with a bird of prey on our arm, and leave them squabbling among themselves

DILLY DILLY
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 09:20 AM

What worries me about them is the kids all say look its your ad mum, i think they mean it sarcastically because I usually react badly to them but I'm beginning to wonder
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 04:17 PM

What if we flatly refused to pay for our funeral. Someone would have to foot the bill surely.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top