Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:08 AM

Re: the funeral tv adds Arrrgh''''''

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I quite fancy her.

you're only after one thing..... her parsnip jam.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
That 'June' in the ad is now top of my list of...'People you'd never get tired of slapping'
It used to be Tony Blair and Cliff Richard but she's topped all of them.
I have to agree with you poohdog. And that other silly mare in the garden centre.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 03:41 PM

yes I remember that woman with the reddy ginger hair ' dont stop talking why shes shops for plants ' never did know what she was on about Grrrrrr
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-10-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
yes I remember that woman with the reddy ginger hair ' dont stop talking why shes shops for plants ' never did know what she was on about Grrrrrr
Shomething about over fiftiesh life cover I think.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:17 PM

They infuriate me as do all the gambling ads.

And I've noticed that almost every charity/organisation has a lottery these days. You just text them and they take such and such an amount from your phone account.

I often wonder who the ads are aimed at, ie. who is likely to fall into such a category that people watching certain programmes will. Increasingly I find myself watching shows that are aimed at the elderly, the bored, those with gambling inclinations etc.

But I'm sick of the funeral ones, especially the Sun Life ones. As I'm typing this I have the TV on and, as there was nothing much I fancied watching, am tuned into Ideal World. This moron is trying to convince me that some cheap Chinese phone is going to transform my life, all for £139 or 4 easy flexipayments. I don't know how people can watch this drivel. It's only saving grace is that I don't have to watch a funeral ad as the whole show is one ad.

Knowing a bit about watches, I marvel at how they can push absolute garbage Chinese ones, the type they buy in at a maximum of around £20 each and then charge £600 for them.

Only the really stupid or, bless them, the elderly with diminishing faculties can be fooled in this way.

I suppose this is the price to be paid for having a TV (I was without one for 7 years until May, and have spent a fair bit of my time since then watching TV as I've been ill).
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree,as soon as they come on,I either turn television off,or turn over the programme ,as for that sun life ,her voice grates on me,..did you see the parsnips he brought round?... I've never made parsnip jam!.
I know where I would shove those parsnips.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 11:52 AM

My husband and I are not having a funeral, just a trip to the incinerator when our time is up. No point in wasting money unnecessarily.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I know where I would shove those parsnips.

here here
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-10-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
here here
Where where?
Maddy
somewwhere.....

29-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Where where?
on hes life cover of course

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top