Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:28 AM

Have you ever loved someone of the same sex?

(I might regret this).........
Being an only child I spent a lot of time with my cousins.
They had a big family and lived about a mile away; Auntie, Uncle, three children and my grandmother (a forty a day, Guiness drinking, salt of the earth, who was always happy) who also lived with them (a big family by my standards)....

I was probably around thirteen of fourteen, and I was visiting them one weekend, doing what kids do....roaming over the fields looking for adventure, when we were joined by a new boy.
My cousin introduced me to Michael, his grandparents lived next door to my cousin, and he would visit occasionally.

I can't explain it, but from the first moment I laid eyes on him something clicked inside... I was a rough and tumble, socks down, sort of lad, who loved the outdoor life, and this took me by complete surprise. I suddenly realised that I could have those sort of feelings for another lad.
We all spent the day together and I was besotted with him. After I returned home I could think of nothing else but him for the next three weeks.
I wrote letters to him, that never got posted, and I wrote his name in all of my exercise books......People even believed that my middle name was Michael....

I never saw Michael again, he was never there after that momentus first meeting when I visited my cousins, and I couldn't raise suspicion by asking too much about him. (It wasn't the done thing in those days) But I never forgot him, or the feelings I had for him, even to this day.....I have never felt that way about a member of the same sex again, but I wonder if homosexuallity had been accepted as much in those days as it is now, perhaps my life would have been so different.....Wonder what he is doing now?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Re: Have you ever loved someone of the same sex?

I think many of us are able to form those feelings when young OGF, I certainly had a crush on an older girl when I was a young teen and kissed another girl as an older teen, all very enjoyable. But I think I knew deep down I wasnt actually gay I was just trying things out. Lovely at the time imo
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:39 AM

What an interesting post Foxy and thanks for sharing it with us. I don't think you need to worry about 'regretting it' on here.

I can't say I have ever had those sort of feelings towards someone of the same sex although I have often felt drawn to some more than others. More of a fascination I would say than love or sex.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 10:40 AM

I had a crush on George Harrison when I was about 10, saw the girls on TV screaming and knew how they felt.

I felt a bit like that 20 years later when I first heard Morrissey's singing voice, saw the promo pics and laughed at his unique brand of poetic wit.

Nah
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 11:04 AM

I think it's refreshing that you're willing to admit to these feelings, I know many men that wouldn't.

I also think it was more infatuation than love, young teenager, hormones etc but as you say, maybe if things then were more like they are now you would have had the chance to (I hate using this word) experiment.

Personally I have never been in love with another female but I have experienced infatuation and I remember feeling possessive of my best friend in senior school and would feel very jealous if she spoke to anyone else. There was never a sexual element to it though.

However, I grew out of that and soon became more interested in boys.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 11:14 AM

Define love.
You can love a sibling ... based mostly on kinship, a blood tie and so want to protect and defend them.
What happens to them, mother, father or sibling hurts you if it hurts them. You care. You look out for them.

You can love another woman or man ... you 'click' and think the world of them, may be find aspects of them you admire and want to be like. You mourn them or miss them if they exit your life.

You can feel spiritually in tune with someone of either sex and value them dearly.

But unless there is a sexual attraction and you desire to kiss and fondle their body and find that turns you on then you are not gay.
I believe a platonic love can be pretty common between same sex people. Which is not the same as wanting to share your bed or your body with them.

I could 'love another woman' but the very thought of fondling her breasts and other bits would make me heave.
Or perhaps I'm just a prude.

Personally I think all this liberation and experimentation these days just confuses kids as to how to express love ... and what exactly 'love' is in it's many various guises.
So they experiment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Define love.
You can love a sibling ... based mostly on kinship, a blood tie and so want to protect and defend them.
What happens to them, mother, father or sibling hurts you if it hurts them. You care. You look out for them.

You can love another woman or man ... you 'click' and think the world of them, may be find aspects of them you admire and want to be like. You mourn them or miss them if they exit your life.

You can feel spiritually in tune with someone of either sex and value them dearly.

But unless there is a sexual attraction and you desire to kiss and fondle their body and find that turns you on then you are not gay.
I believe a platonic love can be pretty common between same sex people. Which is not the same as wanting to share your bed or your body with them.

I could 'love another woman' but the very thought of fondling her breasts and other bits would make me heave.
Or perhaps I'm just a prude.

Personally I think all this liberation and experimentation these days just confuses kids as to how to express love ... and what exactly 'love' is in it's many various guises.
So they experiment.

Good post Morti.

I particularly agree with the section I have hi-lighted - spot on.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:06 PM

I haven't but wouldn't say I never will. I think if I found someone I really liked it wouldn't bother me whether they were male, female, trans, celibate or anything else as long as they weren't into weird stuff.
Well done for starting this thread, it's interesting.
I don't think sex is that important.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:15 PM

Is this You finally coming out of the closet Rab?..I always wondered about those legs in Your short short shorts..Maybe something to put on Your (bucket list)

I loved My two best Women Friends the same way I loved My two best Men Friends, mourned Them when They passed and still miss Them..nout sexual though..and I've not met Anyone of either sex whom I've cliqued in a friendly way since.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I haven't but wouldn't say I never will. I think if I found someone I really liked it wouldn't bother me whether they were male, female, trans, celibate or anything else as long as they weren't into weird stuff.
Well done for starting this thread, it's interesting.
I don't think sex is that important.
Yes that's how I've always felt its about personality for me, being able to live with the person so male female, trans really wouldnt be high on my list of things to judge a person on.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top