Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:21 PM

I'd like to discuss gossip....

Do you think it is a "woman" thing? Do men gossip? I bet they don't as much as the female species.

Am I right?...Stand up all the men who believe this to be true....

Why do people gossip, is it to make themselves look better? Do you think they believe the gossip they are passing around?

When I was in the office, we were sworn to confidentiality, so we learned that malicious gossip is meant to "destroy" and we took that very seriously. One woman (who I won't name in case she found her way to this forum, hahahaha)...could not let a day go by without pointing out another person's faults behind their backs.....

I wonder if that is the secret. If you do it to their face, maybe it isn't considered gossip, but if you do it behind their backs, perhaps this is where the gossip comes into the picture. What do you think? (Longdogs will say "WB, who says I think anyway)...

Stand up ANYONE who can honestly say they have never gossiped in REAL LIFE (not forums, we don't want a war here)

I have done it over the years. Sometimes I let my guard down and I do it, I always regret it, and sometimes I make it right by apologizing, and sometimes I shove it under the rug. Shame on me !!!

My mother gossiped to each of us (6 children). I love/loved her dearly, but she pitted each of us against each other with her gossip. Shame on you Mom !!!

But she knew she did it and she would say "Blue, how do I stop it, it seems to just pop out of my mouth".....well I learned it from her, but today/ and each day forward, I try not to gossip behind anyone's back. I detest gossip. I've known people who say they don't, but they do. Maybe I think I don't, and maybe I do......I hope not!

What about you? Can you admit it, or would you rather sweep it under the rug like I used to do. I must admit I do gossip a bit to my good friend The Beautiful Filly, because her and I have been hurt by the same FAMILY friend and we discuss it, but we do love the person, we just wish she wouldn't say the things she does......

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:40 PM

Re: I'd like to discuss gossip....

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you think it is a "woman" thing? Do men gossip? I bet they don't as much as the female species.

Am I right?...Stand up all the men who believe this to be true....

Why do people gossip, is it to make themselves look better? Do you think they believe the gossip they are passing around?

When I was in the office, we were sworn to confidentiality, so we learned that malicious gossip is meant to "destroy" and we took that very seriously. One woman (who I won't name in case she found her way to this forum, hahahaha)...could not let a day go by without pointing out another person's faults behind their backs.....

I wonder if that is the secret. If you do it to their face, maybe it isn't considered gossip, but if you do it behind their backs, perhaps this is where the gossip comes into the picture. What do you think? (Longdogs will say "WB, who says I think anyway)...

Stand up ANYONE who can honestly say they have never gossiped in REAL LIFE (not forums, we don't want a war here)

I have done it over the years. Sometimes I let my guard down and I do it, I always regret it, and sometimes I make it right by apologizing, and sometimes I shove it under the rug. Shame on me !!!

My mother gossiped to each of us (6 children). I love/loved her dearly, but she pitted each of us against each other with her gossip. Shame on you Mom !!!

But she knew she did it and she would say "Blue, how do I stop it, it seems to just pop out of my mouth".....well I learned it from her, but today/ and each day forward, I try not to gossip behind anyone's back. I detest gossip. I've known people who say they don't, but they do. Maybe I think I don't, and maybe I do......I hope not!

What about you? Can you admit it, or would you rather sweep it under the rug like I used to do. I must admit I do gossip a bit to my good friend The Beautiful Filly, because her and I have been hurt by the same FAMILY friend and we discuss it, but we do love the person, we just wish she wouldn't say the things she does......

Interesting topic. A couple of our neighbors are gossip mongers par excellence. They visit. I retire to my office.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Hi

I love gossip.

Who would have thought that my gorgeous next door neighbour had a thing about older men if it where not for gossip.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Interesting topic. A couple of our neighbors are gossip mongers par excellence. They visit. I retire to my office.
Good move on your part Bes
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love gossip.

Who would have thought that my gorgeous next door neighbour had a thing about older men if it where not for gossip.
I got to love that Swim.........hahahaha.....but is it "juicy gossip"? They say you got to sink your teeth right into it and let the juices flow.....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 12:59 PM

I think most Women do gossip rather then Men.
I have done in the Past with my Collegues at work.
I think most Men don't even notice things whereas Women do.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I think most Women do gossip rather then Men.
I have done in the Past with my Collegues at work.
I think most Men don't even notice things whereas Women do.
I agree Susie.......I think most men don't notice as it is not them who is being gossiped about. I think women tend to gossip more about "other women". It is a female thing.

I remember in high school, it was terrible the way girls gossiped to get boys interested in them rather than the blonde down the road......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:34 PM

Honestly men are just as bad as women, I get to hear a lot of gossip being a cleaner people just carry on chatting like I'm not there at times, and I hear as much from men as I do women. I like to think I dont gossip but I think I probably do and I know my husband does too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:41 PM

Yes Julie, I worked as a barmaid and was amazed how much men gossip, quite "catty" sometimes too!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Honestly men are just as bad as women, I get to hear a lot of gossip being a cleaner people just carry on chatting like I'm not there at times, and I hear as much from men as I do women. I like to think I dont gossip but I think I probably do and I know my husband does too.
What an "honest" post Julie, good on you. I am waiting to see what Ruthio has to say as she did mention it on another thread.....so what you got to say there Ruthio?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top