Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Re: I'd like to discuss gossip....

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes Julie, I worked as a barmaid and was amazed how much men gossip, quite "catty" sometimes too!
Tess, that must have been a fun job.....I guess you would hear a lot of gossip....so that's one more for the men. Maybe they are more gossipy than the women after all......but I haven't heard much from the women yet, guess they are afraid to say......

Maybe they think this is about forum gossip. IT ISN'T. I stated earlier, it is not about forum gossip. It is about real life.
Thank you ladies and men for your input........

I am not afraid to say I have gossiped, and I am not afraid to say I am ashamed........wish I could make it right, but sometimes that is not possible. It is too late......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Oh there you are Ruthio? Nice to see you on here, what have you got to say on the subject? Your input is important.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:54 PM

I think some women gossip about other women mainly because they are jealous of them in some way
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think some women gossip about other women mainly because they are jealous of them in some way
Good point Mags, and I agree with you completely. I wish women didn't have to feel that insecure. I would hate to hurt like that.......

I feel good about myself and I love all my women friends and would give them the world if I could. Thanks for your input Mags..........
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:01 PM

I gossip,You gossip,Everybody gossips...but 'dishing the dirt' is a whole different thing altogether.You know the type..They have nothing positive to say about Anyone and seem to wallow with glee in other Folks downfalls...They're the kind of People I steer well clear of.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I gossip,You gossip,Everybody gossips...but 'dishing the dirt' is a whole different thing altogether.You know the type..They have nothing positive to say about Anyone and seem to wallow with glee in other Folks downfalls...They're the kind of People I steer well clear of.
WELL SAID May, well said.........

You hit the nail on the head "dishing the dirt".......I like that.

Funny thing is going through my mind right now....I can always tell who is going to reply to my topic. I knew you would and I KNEW you would have something valuable to post.

The others are good and valuable too, and I knew just who would be replying on here so far. I love to get everyone's input. It is all very valuable to know how people think...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I totally agree May, some can be very devious gossips and very underhanded (men and women) I always think "karma" catches people up at some point if theyre regular gossips too.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I totally agree May, some can be very devious gossips and very underhanded (men and women) I always think "karma" catches people up at some point if theyre regular gossips too.
I am absolutely sure that Karma catches up with them, can't be that evil "forever" and not get pay-back.....jealousy is a B****, and I think Mags is so right on, that is what is going on...

You never know when walls have ears........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 04:59 PM

In my experience men do gossip but I don't think they take it too seriously.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:02 PM

I suppose most gossip is innocent until other stuff is added to it. Like in Chinese Whispers.
For instance, a woman might announce that she is having a baby and is quite happy for people to know. The next thing it is passed on and each one has added a bit.
It ends up, entirely something else... She’s now expecting twins, it’s not her husbands as he’s had a vasectomy and she’s not sure who the father is!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top