Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:43 PM

Re: Women first ?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'll give you a piggyback, May. That way we can both get out together. How's that for equality, the men give all the women piggybacks!
My Hero...I knew You'd come to My rescue Handsome
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
My gosh, how terrible, but funny, I can just see that with some selfish men.......

However; I do believe women and children should be first as they are not as physically strong as the men so their chances of survival wouldn't be equal. Does that make sense?

I'm old fashioned, none of this PC for me. Whilst waiting in a queue for buses, notwithstanding I too am disabled, I still stand aside and let ladies and young children precede me. The 'Birkenhead Drill' I know very well!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Birkenhead_(1845)
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Well I don't think I'll have to worry about it as I won't be flying anywhere..didn't renew My Passport when it ran out 3 yrs ago...and You'd never get Me on a cruise..I've seen the Movies 'Titanic' & 'The Poseiden adventure'...I'm not daft!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:59 PM

How do we even know who is a man and who is a woman?
On my last flight I thought it was a woman in front of me, then I saw a beard!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
How do we even know who is a man and who is a woman?
On my last flight I thought it was a woman in front of me, then I saw a beard!
What about those who are transitioning between sex .....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:42 PM

I've never understood the "women and children first" rule on sinking ships. It seems really unfair and illogical, when whole families should surely keep together.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I'm an occasional loose woman watcher and today they asked should we still have the rule women first in emergency situations ?

I can't see why really unless they are helping their children out with them. I think we wanted equality and that's part of it. Any thoughts anyone ?

btw they told a funny story about a married couple whose car flipped over and the only injuries the wife got was from where her husband stepped all over her getting out first !
A variation of the Walter Raleigh cape incident eh?

We could be generous and say that he climbed out first so as to assist his wife better?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
My gosh, how terrible, but funny, I can just see that with some selfish men.......

However; I do believe women and children should be first as they are not as physically strong as the men so their chances of survival wouldn't be equal. Does that make sense?
Some women do like having their toffee and the ha'penny don't they? One minute they're slagging a bloke off for holding a door open for them, the next minute they're whinging that they need to be saved first or act helpless when a tyre needs changing.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 04:17 PM

I would have to say I am old school in which case women and children first.

I also feel for the millions of women out there who have been ripped of by the Equal Rights brigade.
Its the first time I have seen a British Government acting so fast, apart from Tony Blair sending troops to war that is.

Stopping women's pensions from their original retirement date 60 and putting it to 65 and now talking about up to 68 Saving our Government millions of pounds and costing each woman an estimated £30,000.

Just like to add well done the Equal Rights Brigade for doing your fellow sisters out of that much needed money.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Some women do like having their toffee and the ha'penny don't they? One minute they're slagging a bloke off for holding a door open for them, the next minute they're whinging that they need to be saved first or act helpless when a tyre needs changing.
Well, I don't know who you are talking to Mr Judd Sir, but it sure ain't me.....I love a bloke to hold a door for me....and hold my chair if the occasion occurs. (I'd just love a bloke PERIOD)...if I could find one that would take proper care of me.....I'm a wounded bird, ya know.....

And I can change my own tire, thank you, and probably do a better job of it, than you........

So best you spout off to someone else........and don't quote me! Growlllll, snarllll, grrrff.....$#%*%@$^$ You do know what I mean do you Mr Judd Sir? So get out the life boat and push me in ahead of you..........

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top