Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:09 PM

I can only take her in small doses....

Have you ever had a friend who you "could only take in small doses?". I have one, she drives me crazy, because she never shuts up. I can't stand constant talking/or constant listening.

I usually can be around a person like that for about an hour, then I find an excuse to "hit the road".....

I have call display on my phone, so when her name shows up, I don't answer the phone. I just can't spend 2 hours on that tele. That is so hard for me to tolerate......

I really like the girl, she does have some great qualities, she is pretty, fun, and willing to try everything.....but she talks all the way through it......

Shut up already!!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:23 PM

Re: I can only take her in small doses....

No can't say I have Blue, i'm the opposite, I have a friend who says only a few words on the phone, I have to make the conversation all the time and sometimes its really hard work.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
No can't say I have Blue, i'm the opposite, I have a friend who says only a few words on the phone, I have to make the conversation all the time and sometimes its really hard work.
Oh Susie, that is just as bad! I have that trouble with a different friend.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Yep blue I can relate to your post . My friend V has a big heart , kind and loving but she can talk a glass eye to sleep . I'm worn down with the continuous chatter , constantly repeating over and over each time I'm with her face to face or phone . She is the queen of detail , nothing is forgotten and each minute is full of her chatter , she may say have I told you this , I'll say yes you have told me and she will tell me again and again and again .

It's a tough one , because she is such a decent lady and been in my life 20 yrs . I have to switch off when with her , I hardly talk at all , she is totally oblivious to what it's like for me .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yep blue I can relate to your post . My friend V has a big heart , kind and loving but she can talk a glass eye to sleep . I'm worn down with the continuous chatter , constantly repeating over and over each time I'm with her face to face or phone . She is the queen of detail , nothing is forgotten and each minute is full of her chatter , she may say have I told you this , I'll say yes you have told me and she will tell me again and again and again .

It's a tough one , because she is such a decent lady and been in my life 20 yrs . I have to switch off when with her , I hardly talk at all , she is totally oblivious to what it's like for me .
Wow Susan, I hear you......it is so tiring sometimes, hahaha

But; when they are in our lives for so long, it is hard to escape and we don't really want to Susan, we just wish they would stop talking so much........and you say "the details". that is so true with my friend, she has to tell me all the details and by the time she finishes, I don't remember what she is telling me. I really don't want to hear the details unless it is very exciting and I ask..... I feel like saying, "start with the punch line"...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 11:39 PM

I have a friend similar, he rings me asks me things & never listens to the answers, he's too busy saying something else. If I don't feel like coping with him I ignore the call, but sometimes I feel guilty & do pick up. He's not quite right which is why I feel guilty.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 06:57 AM

I have a very dear friend who has to 'set the scene'. If she is telling me about something her neighbour has done - I have to be told the neighbour's name, how many children they have, what they do, where they live, how many pets they have and what they had for dinner last night - all before she ever comes to the point. Sometimes I can cope with it - sometimes I just have to say 'M, you are waffling again' to bring her back to the subject.

She treats silence as bucket that needs to be constantly refilled.

I feel disloyal saying this as we have been friends since I was 2yrs old and she is such a lovely person - but - she wears me out!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:41 AM

I know just what you mean tabby I have a pal like that too ...and of late she seems preoccupied with illness and death.

She will say you remember Mrs Smith or whoever...I say no I don't recall her so she goes into a long explanation of why I do know her from way back her kids where she lives ...just to shut her up I say oh yes I remember ... well she's dead she tells me then I have to be told how she died ...still having no idea who she is talking about.

I've started saying....if this is a story about death don't tell me....she always seems to get back to it though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:54 AM

One of my sisters I can only take for short periods, nothing is ever her fault, she is confused with drink, and she always wants something, never rings to say hello its always help her.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top