Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 08:04 AM

The invictus games

Surely one of the best things that Prince Harry has pioneered .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 08:08 AM

Re: The invictus games

It was good for him & Meghan - they got an 'all expenses' paid honeymoon at 'our' expense!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 08:43 AM

That aside
Do you or do you not think the Invictus games is a good idea ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Muddy not being a fan of sport I have given little thought to the Invictus games until the I recently heard the terrible stories of some of the participants. Severely wounded physically and emotionally broken having been involved in recent pointless conflicts, taking part in the games has given them back their sense of belonging and dignity.

I think Prince Harry has done an amazing job starting the Invictus Games
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 09:35 AM

I'm afraid I'm in two minds about it. like the disabled olympics it makes some people think all disabled people can do these incredibe things. I am sure it's great for the participants but not so great for those judged as fit to do the same when they aren't.

Harry is briliant to have got it off the ground just shows he has the talent to do so, considering the last effort from the royals was it's a knock out he's obviously learned from his uncles mistakes.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm afraid I'm in two minds about it. like the disabled olympics it makes some people think all disabled people can do these incredibe things. I am sure it's great for the participants but not so great for those judged as fit to do the same when they aren't.

Harry is briliant to have got it off the ground just shows he has the talent to do so, considering the last effort from the royals was it's a knock out he's obviously learned from his uncles mistakes.
I agree with your comments Julie,Ive always thought this too. But having said that I think The Invictus Games are a really good thing for the participants...anything that gives people such encouragement and positivity can only be a good thing imo
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 11:50 AM

Harry and Megan are doing a good job down under.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Prince Harry has done an amazing job with his dedication to the Invictus Games. He has brought inspiration to many who have been wounded, injured or sick.
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 01:03 PM

Spent a day at the Invictus Games in Orlando a couple of years ago. Was THE most inspiring day ever. Spoke to a few of Team UK to whom Harry was simply Harry, one of the boys.

It was quite humbling when a guy swings his half leg off a seat so I could sit down and chat with them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 01:19 PM

I think it is a great idea although I have to be honest and say I would never bother watching it. Unfortunately it has turned into the Meghan show this year but that will happen at every Royal engagement from now on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top