Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 12:33 AM

Re: Feeling brave.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Wise advice, thanks.

I intend avoiding him as much as I can in future and blanking him when I can't.
I do the same to my next door neighbours. Haven't spoken to either of them since March, when he ordered me to get our van moved off our drive else he'd report us to the council for all sorts of things. It is usually at my Daughters, but her next door neighbours were having their roof done so my Daughter had left it on my drive, it was there for about 4 weeks & we had no intention of it being permanent, but he so got me I wanted to say so much to him. He even made reference to my late OH saying he had promised him it would never stay there permanently.That really annoyed & upset me. My drive & I can park any vehicle I like on it. I wanted a row but my daughter stopped me. I haven't spoken to him or his wife since.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:36 AM

Reminds me of the British show 'Nightmare Neighbour', I never miss it.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 09:38 AM

please dont feel bullied by this man ' stand up for what is right -let him see u are not bowing down to him ' and if possible ignore it when u are out side -he will tire of it
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 09:52 AM

I've known a woman for many years who had a dispute with her farmer neighbour she owns and lives in a cottage near his farm, after the dispute he started dumping mounds of smelly farm rubbish including cow muck just opposite the front of her house and front door , over the years he has added to it and the mound is clearly visible and smells bad . He can do this as it's his land . She and he detest each other and neither will stand down . It's gone on for years and I've no doubt will continue for years . I've been told she is unable to sell and move as viewers have seen the pile and walk away .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:01 AM

I'm glad you are all ok some neighbours can be nasty, one here likes to shout and berate women, he's nice as pie to men. Got me in a corner when I had my late Benny dog and Katie dog with me, I was more worried they'd bite him than about what he was yelling at me about. My husband came down to see what all the noise was about and the sudden change in manner was amazing, "nothing wrong just chatting to your lovely wife gov, how the hell are you aven't seen you for ages."
Blooming creep !

I never spoke to him for over 10 years he got ill last year, very ill so I started speaking again and we've helped best we can but I'm always aware of his real character and make sure either nathan or steven are with me when we go round.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:13 AM

I don't consider I am being brave when I stick up for myself, or others, in threatening situations, it is just what I do.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't consider I am being brave when I stick up for myself, or others, in threatening situations, it is just what I do.
Yes well you would wouldn't you?

This man had humiliated & bullied me in front of other neighbours a few weeks ago & I have been seething about it ever since. Confronting him yesterday gave me a bit of my pride back.

I think I was brave anyway. I could have just ignored him or cowered away from him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:39 AM

This man had humiliated & bullied me in front of other neighbours a few weeks ago & I have been seething about it ever since. Confronting him yesterday gave me a bit of my pride back.

I think I was brave anyway. I could have just ignored him or cowered away from him.
Well I consider you brave Carol, I would have ignored him been too scared to speak to him again.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 03:20 PM

well done carol--
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Hi

A well done from me as well Carol.

Don't be the one to avoid him, prats like that consider it a weakness.

Just do what you have done, go about your business and ignore him.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top