Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:51 PM

Re: New Series; confessions of a retired SHOPKEEPER

Good on Leo.......Respect!........
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good on Leo.......Respect!........
Ha ha , nice one Robert.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 10:40 PM

Love it Young Robert.
You are indeed a talented writer.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 11:21 PM

Good old Leo, he sounded quite a character.

I really enjoyed that Robert, the old stories are always the best
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 05:41 PM

And old Leo stuck to his guns eh, not many stayers like him around today RJ, ah well, it's the old dog for the long road as they say.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 06:28 PM

Confessions of a young shopkeeper;
Stop me if I've posted this before.

JUST A TIC

Nothing much to report and so I am looking back to my youth for early signs of being a little bit odd.

As a trainee manager I had to work in every department for a minimum of a week. Some were crushingly boring and I admit to periods of being umm, idle . As my career path edged onward and upward I occasionally relapsed.

For example When I was a manager I regularly had to visit London on the train. Heads Office. Always First Class.

I am ashamed to admit that to ensure I had a carriage compartment all to myself I would pretend to have a pronounced TIK. Anyone coming into MY compartment took one look at my twitching face and scampered.

Fate took a hand one day and someone with a real TIK came in and sat down. I had to keep up the TIK all the way, but I couldn't help noticing his tic became less and less frequent as the miles passed by, and had stopped altogether at our destination.

On my return I noticed him again heading for the same carriage. He gave me an ear to ear grin and headed for another part of the train

(c) RJ
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Confessions of a young shopkeeper;
Stop me if I've posted this before.

JUST A TIC

Nothing much to report and so I am looking back to my youth for early signs of being a little bit odd.

As a trainee manager I had to work in every department for a minimum of a week. Some were crushingly boring and I admit to periods of being umm, idle . As my career path edged onward and upward I occasionally relapsed.

For example When I was a manager I regularly had to visit London on the train. Heads Office. Always First Class.

I am ashamed to admit that to ensure I had a carriage compartment all to myself I would pretend to have a pronounced TIK. Anyone coming into MY compartment took one look at my twitching face and scampered.

Fate took a hand one day and someone with a real TIK came in and sat down. I had to keep up the TIK all the way, but I couldn't help noticing his tic became less and less frequent as the miles passed by, and had stopped altogether at our destination.

On my return I noticed him again heading for the same carriage. He gave me an ear to ear grin and headed for another part of the train

(c) RJ
good one Robert, you and the other gentleman could have called yourselves The TIK-ets
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 09:33 PM

Robert your tale reminded me of that Jimmy Jones song Good timing

Oh you need timing, a tic a tic a timing ,
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
good one Robert, you and the other gentleman could have called yourselves The TIK-ets
Now there's a thought Mags.

I was so norty in my youth.

Totally random thought just came back to me.

My parents had a book
KONTIKI

Thor Heyerdal??
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Robert your tale reminded me of that Jimmy Jones song Good timing

Oh you need timing, a tic a tic a timing ,
SOLO,
I can't get that tune out of my head now lol

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top