Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 06:36 PM

Re: Second Referendum etc.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
He is a business man who tried to retire...but his customers wont let him!
He must sell something his customers cannot do without .... what could that be 🤔 ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
He must sell something his customers cannot do without .... what could that be 🤔 ?
He sells nothing, just does exceptionally good work. I am sure he could offer the same high standards in your country, or any other in the EU, but he doesn't need to because his work ethic is so valued in the UK!
Of course this will mean that we don't need workers from the EU!
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 06:45 PM

The one thing that terrifies most Brexiteers is any mention of a second referendum. They absolutely have the vapours at the slightest reference to it

The reason given is that "The British people have already spoken".

I doubt that that is the real reason. It's more likely a fear of losing a second referendum, as an educated and informed electorate come out more strongly to vote against Brexit.

Either way, it would still be only a referendum. The whole thing would have to get through Parliament, though as a General Election is looming the composition of the Commons could change dramatically as a result of the recent political turmoil.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Only the suggestion of a UK thriving after brexit is enough to make people smirk. Whatever reason you have to vote for leaving the EU, don't let it be the glorious future full of new trade deals. That the britons let themselves lead by these lies to the slaughter is shaming beyond words.
Hi

Brexit is not just about the economics Solash.

People voted to Leave, a kick in the teeth to our Political Elite.

It is about Democracy, we voted Leave, we must do so.

We have a very different Political System here to that on the Continent.

We do not have PR, we have two bunches of idiots who put Politics first, not the ordinary people.

I am not stupid, I know it will hurt for some time.

The end result will however be much better for us.

As for the EU, it is far from perfect itself.

It is no secret on here that I do not like Juncker, neither do I admire him as a Politician.

It has been my misfortune in life to have to sit in a restaurant, not as a principle, just an anonymous man in a suit and listen to him, getting steadily more intoxicated, on expenses, slagging off the UK and other Countries.

I simply do not want to be part of such a system.

He was once asked, directly, why he was taking action against countries other than France for breaking the rules, but taking no action against France.

His response?

Because it is France.

So, so, wrong.

For the avoidance of doubt, yes I was on expenses at the time.

A very basic level, meal of the day and water, certainly not a La Carte and ordering wine at £80 a bottle.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Of course this will mean that we don't need workers from the EU!
Of course not. You need those only for jobs the brits consider themselves too good for. Perhaps you could have a go at it yourself?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-04-2019, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Brexit is not just about the economics Solash.

I know, and I respect that in an individual. If those making that choice were doing so only for themselves I could respect that too. But now one half of the populace is pulling the other half with them into ruin. That is not democracy, that is blind folly. If however the leave-side is so convinced of their being right, they wouldn't fear a second or even third referendum. Logic would prevail and prove them right every time. But they fear a second referendum because they know it will prove them wrong.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 09:35 PM

I know, and I respect that in an individual. If those making that choice were doing so only for themselves I could respect that too. But now one half of the populace is pulling the other half with them into ruin. That is not democracy, that is blind folly. If however the leave-side is so convinced of their being right, they wouldn't fear a second or even third referendum. Logic would prevail and prove them right every time. But they fear a second referendum because they know it will prove them wrong.
Why would you think that Brexiteers fear another referendum Solasch?.....Because Old Fogey told you? You clearly have no idea about the determination of the British people to hold their government to account for a democratic result.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-04-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why would you think that Brexiteers fear another referendum Solasch?.....Because Old Fogey told you? You clearly have no idea about the determination of the British people to hold their government to account for a democratic result.
The reason I think that is because even hardened brexiters realise the game is well and truly up. You can’t get the exact same deal out of the EU that you had when in. You can’t strike fantastical global trade deals within 18 minutes. ’Foreigners’ aren’t going to magically disappear from your streets overnight. You never lost control of your sovereignty, borders or money, but you will have even less if you are excluded from the top table at europe. Finally, this abject failure has all come about due to gross incompetence of your politicians. Despite being campaigned for for over 40 years, there was never any pre-existing brexit plan or even thought, just a set of delusional aspirations, based on fantasies.
Holding to account? Those stupid, irresponsible 17,4 mln voters for a brexit should feel what they caused. But that is impossible it would hurt the sensible half of your population.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:37 PM

Calm down, calm down, as they say in Liverpool.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I assume you mean the SNP and the loathsome Ian Blackford? As Scotland voted to remain as part of the UK who voted to leave the EU as a whole it's a pity they don't accept the majority vote instead of using it to force another Scottish referendum on whether to leave the UK. Remember, that's the SNP's raison d'etre and they're making it as difficult as possible for the rest of the UK to leave the EU just for that reason.

Perhaps when we leave they could have another referendum to separate from the Union and rejoin the EU if they choose? By which time of course we could all be thriving economies so choose not to rejoin the EU?
Apologies. Yes, I did indeed mean the SNP and that loathsome chap . You put it so much better than I did, Judd. Thank you.

Saw a report that Gina Miller is calling for Brexit to be stopped ... apparently she's tired Don't know how accurate it is, from Sky News.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top