Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 05:02 PM

Re: Brexit or UKIP

What is POSHOC? No luck googling it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
What is POSHOC? No luck googling it.
Sorry MC, I have no idea either
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sorry MC, I have no idea either
Poshoc is the acronym for pile of s----t house of commons!
I thought it was obvious?

Regards Donkeyman!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Poshoc is the acronym for pile of s----t house of commons!
I thought it was obvious?

Regards Donkeyman!
Definitely not obvious to me, is it your own made up acronym?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Definitely not obvious to me, is it your own made up acronym?
I thought all acronyms were made up?

Regards Donkeyman!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 07:41 PM

More plausible to imagine the emergence of a pro-revocation majority over the coming days than a pro-referendum one.

Anything is possible.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 08:40 PM

I thought all acronyms were made up?

Regards Donkeyman!
There are standard, well known acronyms used on forums such as IMO (in my opinion) and LOL (laugh out loud) etc. I can only recall a few myself but if of any help a reference list of the most popular acronyms and abbreviations, plus their meanings, can be found on the link below:

http://www.muller-godschalk.com/acronyms.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
The desperation of Solasch and the rest of the 4 horsemen to prevent us leaving the EU should be enough to arouse suspicion of their motivation. It couldn't have anything to do with our financial contribution, could it?

I think that anyone who is familiar with their 'style of posting' must realise their pathetic tactics by now, but well said just in case some aren't aware of them.

Yes, I too used to support UKIP but, as others have said, they have been hijacked by the far right, which is why Farage left them and will have nothing to do with them.

Again as others have said, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, in suggesting that people should vote for UKIP, is a vain and pathetic attempt to split the vote as they are desperate (for obvious reasons) for us to remain in their little club.

I know that polls can say whatever the people conducting them want them to say. However, when you look at all the polls collectively, you'll see that the support for UKIP is tiny compared to the Brexit Party.

It is very important not to split the 'leave' vote (assuming that you want the UK to leave the EU), so please vote for the Brexit Party. It looks almost certain that they will obtain the vast majority of votes anyway, whatever the 'fifth column' would like!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

18-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
There are standard, well known acronyms used on forums such as IMO (in my opinion) and LOL (laugh out loud) etc. I can only recall a few myself but if of any help a reference list of the most popular acronyms and abbreviations, plus their meanings, can be found on the link below:

http://www.muller-godschalk.com/acronyms.html
Thanks for the link Baz, l'm sure it will come in usefull!
But in the case of our parliament l'm not sure a ready
made acronymn would suffice !

Best Regards Donkeyman !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the link Baz, l'm sure it will come in usefull!
But in the case of our parliament l'm not sure a ready
made acronymn would suffice !

Best Regards Donkeyman !
I know exactly what your POSHOC acronym meant, or at least I could work it out very quickly.

It couldn't have meant anything else really.

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top