Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 08:12 PM

Re: Karma

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
So who wrote the laws?
And if you don’t abide by the laws, what is the punishment and who applies it? I am asking for a friend.

Some old Indian Guru no doubt .

It's the law of Karma .....like Newton

For every action there is a reaction .

Presumably the Universe hands out the punishment .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 08:48 PM

I've believed in Karma for many years, see my signature below. It's when someone does something bad that affects you and that will come back on them at some time. Without going into details as although deserved it's not too nice, it does work from what I've seen personally.

Karma is also a way I believe of putting those negative thoughts out of your mind, preventing you from becoming bitter and twisted in your thoughts and perhaps actions of revenge.

It's something like forgiveness in a way, it allows you to move on in a positive way rather than dwelling on the negatives of what you would like to do to a person to 'get even' for what they've done to you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:01 PM

I dont think I believe in karma any more , though I would really like to think it could be true , I think when we want to believe in it we are seeking some sort of come uppance or a sort of revenge satisfaction if we have been done wrong , oh the times I've sat and waited for karma to come back to some who I felt needed a bit of discomfort yet am still wondering what happened to the karma energy ,as those who I hoped would receive it back still seem to be sitting pretty and in ignorance and living great lifes .

I think the answer is in life experience and as we age and grow wisdom creeps in and we experience discomfort and the wise ones start to remember and think of how we treated others and maybe could have been kinder or done things differently ,so we have regrets and thoughts of "if only" . I dont think everyone gets the wisdom though , for as I said I've been waiting for karma to re connect with a few who I felt should have a bit back .

I dunno anything anymore to be honest but I guess I'll never stop thinking either
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Like Judd, I hope that the evil bastards will get evil done to them..big time. Bring on the Karma
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:49 PM

Yes I do believe in these twelve laws of Karma, which are not quite what some people are talking about here.

These are the underlying principles of most religions. But people ignore that and get hung up on the symbols rather than the message. Buddhism sums things up in a way everyone understands.

Unfortunately real life gets in the way so you lose focus on what's important. Once you lose your way you suffer as do others. But most hurts are not important once you understand why people act the way they do.

We have an obsession with happiness in the West. But life is about ups and downs. The downs are not a punishment because someone did something wrong, it's just another part of life. We all make mistakes and hurt others, usually inadvertently or because we are not mature enough to understand consequences.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I tend to lean towards the premise that..
What goes around..
Comes around

But that isn't the reason I try to be kind...always
That comes from having the kindest of people as parents!
That's nice.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:59 PM

Yes I do believe in what comes around goes around but I also believe in forgiveness, free will and reincarnation.

When we aren’t fully aware or on auto pilot( lack of self awareness) we can end up paying off past karma. If fully aware of behaviours and actions I believe it over rides our past karma due to this free will.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Ah! The universe. I went through a long period where I suspected the universe might be against me for some reason. The trouble is, I wouldn't just accept it so if the universe did something bad towards me, I made sure I would do something bad back and so it went on.

Luckily, I don't think like that so much these days.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes I do believe in these twelve laws of Karma, which are not quite what some people are talking about here.

These are the underlying principles of most religions. But people ignore that and get hung up on the symbols rather than the message. Buddhism sums things up in a way everyone understands.

Unfortunately real life gets in the way so you lose focus on what's important. Once you lose your way you suffer as do others. But most hurts are not important once you understand why people act the way they do.

We have an obsession with happiness in the West. But life is about ups and downs. The downs are not a punishment because someone did something wrong, it's just another part of life. We all make mistakes and hurt others, usually inadvertently or because we are not mature enough to understand consequences.
An expert then?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
An expert then?
I've had an interest in Buddhism.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top