Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 04:25 PM

Re: Conning Your Fellow Members.

Hi

It would be difficult for some to be a Con Artist as they have met others on the Forum.

If any of you have an overwhelming urge to give me a few Million I will not complain.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It would be difficult for some to be a Con Artist as they have met others on the Forum.

If any of you have an overwhelming urge to give me a few Million I will not complain.
I'll buy you a pint. Will that do for starters, Swimmy?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1732636]How great for them, susan. I hope the lady is ok now and is well.

Thanks Art , she had a bad time with the stroke , shes only 54 and home safe but still mending , it changed her life . That was one time people have
given willingly especially those who knew them both . Hubby was able to stay with her and fly back with her .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 06:40 PM

I've never donated online to anyone I don't know, I don't have enough money myself, I could do with setting up a justgiving page for my husband and I right now but I doubt none of you would donate so I won't bother
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:52 PM

There will always be those who abuse the system.

But there are always good honest needy people as well.

These funds are an absolute life saver for a number of people.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 02:34 AM

Of course you could be conned here or anywhere else if you allow yourself to be. HOw dangerous it can be depends on the nature of the con. From my occasional work with victims,the most dangerous have a pattern similar to this. First comes the slow but steady grooming. Compliments that start out innocuous and polite becoming more personal over time and sharing of more intimate details as trust builds. Finally getting to declarations of love or intense and undying friendship. Then comes the requests for money. You may say you'd have to be silly to fall for it but these people are highly skilled and know what buttons to push with vulnerable people and in what order.
Some people are just lonely and lie about themselves. hey may be bored with their lives and want to become somebody else. The internet provides this opportunity to take it one step beyond pure internal fantasy. They hook with people in forums or on line gaming or chat club as their new identity. Sometimes they impersonate somebody else. Usually somebody they like or admire and more usually somebody they think is more attractive than they think they are. Others just make up an identity. They usually don't ask for love that involves meeting in person or money and will actually avoid getting too close to anybody. This is called "Catfishing"
If you feel sorry for somebody and want to donate to them fine. It means you are a generous and kind person. JUst get some kind of solid proof that they are, as we say down here, "fair dinkum"
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 02:56 AM

Not quite the same, but I actually met a woman who was using her son's legitimate illness so that she could go on paid vacations and to get other perks - like a new car . She used "PrayersforP_____" on Facebook, Instagram, and a website to root around the internet for money.

I remember looking at her son who was too ill to travel as she described all of her travels and feeling sick to my stomach .

There's always someone....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 06:02 AM

Not quite the same, but I actually met a woman who was using her son's legitimate illness so that she could go on paid vacations and to get other perks - like a new car . She used "PrayersforP_____" on Facebook, Instagram, and a website to root around the internet for money.

I remember looking at her son who was too ill to travel as she described all of her travels and feeling sick to my stomach .

There's always someone....

Yuk. Yep that really sucks. Nothing complicated about her. THat's just old fashioned fraud. The dirtiest kind.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top