Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 12:07 PM

Re: Tea or Coffee???

What have you all started, . . as I type the coffee pot's plopping away and the house smells divine.

I've never made real coffee for years, I realised after the pot I made last night just how much I missed it, since I was a lad in the 50's I never liked tea, we used to get coffee essence in a bottle, Camp was the name, then in the 60's I moved up to real coffee, I've got loads of different brands and they're all still fine, the secret is to keep it in an air tight jar, beans last for years, I love the smell as you grind them.

Instant's just convenient, it saves time waiting on the real stuff percolating.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
What have you all started, . . as I type the coffee pot's plopping away and the house smells divine.

I've never made real coffee for years, I realised after the pot I made last night just how much I missed it, since I was a lad in the 50's I never liked tea, we used to get coffee essence in a bottle, Camp was the name, then in the 60's I moved up to real coffee, I've got loads of different brands and they're all still fine, the secret is to keep it in an air tight jar, beans last for years, I love the smell as you grind them.

Instant's just convenient, it saves time waiting on the real stuff percolating.
I still use Camp coffee today nero ........ only for flavouring in cakes and buttercreams though.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 01:12 PM

OK, . . . I admit it, . . I'm a coffee junkie, I'm not ashamed in the least either.

Here's another two coffee makers I dug out, my life-long quest's been to get the perfect cup of coffee.
The Braun on the left I got 20 years ago, the Morphy Richards I got about the same time.

Both are electric but they can't make coffee like the stove-top one.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Maybe this is why you are a bit of an insomniac Nero.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 02:09 PM

I love coffee but if I took even a sip after 12 noon, I would be awake all night.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
OK, . . . I admit it, . . I'm a coffee junkie, I'm not ashamed in the least either.

Here's another two coffee makers I dug out, my life-long quest's been to get the perfect cup of coffee.
The Braun on the left I got 20 years ago, the Morphy Richards I got about the same time.

Both are electric but they can't make coffee like the stove-top one.

I'm going to look into a good stove top coffee pot after a few things here that come first.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top