Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 04:07 PM

Re: Moving house

Ania my experience of house buying here has been similar, a chaotic nightmare

I hope things sort themselves out very soon
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 07:47 PM

Thanks Meg. Actually during my time in the UK I bought and sold five houses over the years and must have been lucky as none of those transactions has been as nightmarish as this one. The vendors' solicitor's behaviour has been scandalous on this occasion. Even my own solicitor says she has never experienced anything like it before...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 07:52 PM

What a stressful time you're going through, Ania

I hope everything will be sorted for you soon and you'll be able to relax once again.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 07:41 PM

Would you believe it? After all the shenanigans, they managed to complete on the sale two hours ago. Phew!
Mad dash to the estate agent for the keys, then went to inspect and unpacked a token box to start. Bennie, poor thing, didn't look very happy sniffing around, and piddled on the front door. It will be better for him when I have moved some familiar smelling furniture in, and maybe I ought to make some of Mups' doggie biscuits to give him some treats to associate with the place.
Looks like a weekend of driving back and forth to start the move. And a couple more weeks of the same ahead.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 12:05 AM

Congratulations Ania I hope you and Bennie will be very happy in your new home

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Would you believe it? After all the shenanigans, they managed to complete on the sale two hours ago. Phew!
Mad dash to the estate agent for the keys, then went to inspect and unpacked a token box to start. Bennie, poor thing, didn't look very happy sniffing around, and piddled on the front door. It will be better for him when I have moved some familiar smelling furniture in, and maybe I ought to make some of Mups' doggie biscuits to give him some treats to associate with the place.
Looks like a weekend of driving back and forth to start the move. And a couple more weeks of the same ahead.

AT LAST. (Huge sigh). Everything will be fine now, and you'll soon be tucked up for your first night in your new house. Good luck and God bless. x

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top