Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 03:18 AM

Re: A letter from Fiat

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
They used the term "hoover"?
Maybe it is just me, but that seems quite unprofessional.......
No biggie - just a passing thought
but it has always intrigued this humble Aussie the way Poms seem to call all vacuum cleaners "hoovers" and even use "hoover" as a verb.

To us, "'Hoover" is simply one of many brands of vacuum cleaners.
Just seems strange to "hoover" with an Electrolux, or a Panasonic or a Samsung or ...... whatever.

A bit like having a cat-dog or a horse-cow
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
No biggie - just a passing thought
but it has always intrigued this humble Aussie the way Poms seem to call all vacuum cleaners "hoovers" and even use "hoover" as a verb.

To us, "'Hoover" is simply one of many brands of vacuum cleaners.
Just seems strange to "hoover" with an Electrolux, or a Panasonic or a Samsung or ...... whatever.

A bit like having a cat-dog or a horse-cow
I feel the same. Yes "hoover" is a generic name for a vacuum cleaner, but I have never used it.

It is always a vacuum cleaner or simply a vacuum in my house. The only time it was a "hoover" was when IT WAS a Hoover. For the past 30+ years it has been a Kirby.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:39 AM

Great minds ....... milady !

Digressing completely, my family owned a four-story block of flats in Moray Street, Brisbane.
My local shopping centre is in Morayfield.
And one of my favourite drops is Glen Moray (16 years old).

Not fond of cats though .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:33 AM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ni...QGX4M2V--ik%3D

Shows camera views in a car like mine
It has a rear view camera- 2 front cameras and another one on each wing mirror making a total of 5

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My son and DIL have sensors on their cars and they are great

I don't have any on my car but then I don't do much reversing these days.

You are so far behind modern technology in cars like self parking, yes it can do that too, even shows if your tyre pressure in any tyre is too low with picture.

Have to be honest here, there is too much information on my car that most of it will never get used. After all who wants a picture of what colour your car is? yes even does that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 10:59 AM

But nobody has answered my question, which was - do rear sensors bleep if someone is tail-gating me too close, or do they only work if I am in reverse gear?
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Great minds ....... milady !

Digressing completely, my family owned a four-story block of flats in Moray Street, Brisbane.
My local shopping centre is in Morayfield.
And one of my favourite drops is Glen Moray (16 years old).

Not fond of cats though .....
What a coincidence! Glen Moray is indeed a fine drink, I'm not a whisky lover but Jim had a bottle of it in the drinks cabinet and I'm slowly working my way through it (he always told me never to leave his alcohol unfinished when he died!).
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.

26-10-2015, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But nobody has answered my question, which was - do rear sensors bleep if someone is tail-gating me too close, or do they only work if I am in reverse gear?
Weren't you going to ask the garage?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 07:36 PM

Reversing sensors only work when reverse gear is selected, as you will probably have aftermarket sensors fitted they will wire them to either the reverse light switch on the gearbox or to the reverse light wiring
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 08:23 PM

Ah, thanks Primus.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-10-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Weren't you going to ask the garage?

Haven't had chance yet.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top