Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Re: Maureen O Hara

RIP Maureen.
She used to live near here until a couple of years ago and I met her a couple of times. Her house was absolutely full of fascinating memorabilia associated with her acting career. Even then, in her early 90s, she had a radiance and charm about her. Sadly, I think she left here to go back to the US under duress from family members. I got the impression that they were more concerned about inheriting than they were about her.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 12:17 PM

Oh that is such sad news.
I like others loved her partnered with John Wayne in a quiet man and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon as well as the other films she was in with him.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 02:39 PM

fiesty lady sexy and lovely ....she had a thing with john wayne for a while 'will be truly missed ... saw her in a usa tv film ..she must have been 80s then ...looked frail but still had badaaz..............
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 03:19 PM

She was so naturally beautiful. When we used to go back to Ireland to see my relatives in West Cork, we used to visit Kilgarriff, in Bantry Bay where she lived.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
She was so naturally beautiful. When we used to go back to Ireland to see my relatives in West Cork, we used to visit Kilgarriff, in Bantry Bay where she lived.
I think you mean Glengarriff? Kilgarriff is in Mayo! She had a lovely house down a narrow road overlooking Bantry Bay. It was put on the market only fairly recently, I think, but before she died.

Where in West Cork were you relatives?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think you mean Glengarriff? Kilgarriff is in Mayo! She had a lovely house down a narrow road overlooking Bantry Bay. It was put on the market only fairly recently, I think, but before she died.

Where in West Cork were you relatives?
Orangutan, Of course, it was Glengarriff!! What was I thinking?!! I thought it didn't seem right but I must've had a brain fade!!
My relatives live in Clonakilty, where I was born! It is famous for its delicious black pudding!!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

26-10-2015, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Orangutan, Of course, it was Glengarriff!! What was I thinking?!! I thought it didn't seem right but I must've had a brain fade!!
My relatives live in Clonakilty, where I was born! It is famous for its delicious black pudding!!
I had lunch in Clon yesterday at the Emmett

I know the black pudding well, but prefer the white pudding. Yum!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:25 PM

What's wrong with both??? - accompanying sausages, eggs, bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and soda and potato bread???
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2015, 06:28 PM

What a small world!! I had Sunday lunch at the Emmett, about four years ago. It was lovely!
The white pudding is too oniony for me.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

26-10-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
What's wrong with both??? - accompanying sausages, eggs, bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and soda and potato bread???
Did I say you can't have both?

And you forgot the hash browns...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top