Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:34 PM

Re: Maureen O Hara

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Did I say you can't have both?

And you forgot the hash browns...
I was thinking perhaps the potato bread would take the place of hash browns, but yes I could make room for both.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:38 PM

Hash Browns are an abomination to the great British fry up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Maureen O Hara has died aged 95 .
I always think of her in The Quiet Man and the Yellow Ribbon with John Wayne.
She was so beautifully Irish.
Another of the greats, such a beautiful actress in her time...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 07:11 PM

R.I.P. Maureen. She went back to the States a few years ago, don't know why because the last time I saw her as a guest on the national TV station she was very relaxed and happy to be home. Deep down I got the feeling she just wanted to spend the rest of her days in peace in the country of her birth, but we'll never really know whats behind these decisions.
Thanks Maureen for all the great performances you gave.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
R.I.P. Maureen. She went back to the States a few years ago, don't know why because the last time I saw her as a guest on the national TV station she was very relaxed and happy to be home. Deep down I got the feeling she just wanted to spend the rest of her days in peace in the country of her birth, but we'll never really know whats behind these decisions.
Thanks Maureen for all the great performances you gave.
Jem, I can tell you you are right. It was not her own choice to move to the States. A lot went on before that happened.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Hash Browns are an abomination to the great British fry up.
Fair comment, but knowing what UJ's appetite is like I thought he would throw them on the plate too...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Fair comment, but knowing what UJ's appetite is like I thought he would throw them on the plate too...

Well providing it ain't salad (ergh - yuk!!! - rabbit food) I eat most other things.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:57 PM

RIP Maureen. I bet it wont be long before she is trying to come between John and Victors ongoing bare knuckle fight.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
RIP Maureen. I bet it wont be long before she is trying to come between John and Victors ongoing bare knuckle fight.
I thought the same thing EZ

RIP Maureen. She was always a lovely looking lady.
She made only 5 films with John Wayne which
surprised me I felt it was more.

Rio Grande, The Quiet Man, Wings of Eagles, McLintock and Big Jake.

She lived a good long life to 95. Well done Maureen.

p.s. John Wayne made 19 films with Ward Bond his friend.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top