Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Re: Is there anything you miss from when you were younger?

My right kidney. Having it removed gave me a slight lean to the left and a tendency to ride my bike around in circles.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 05:08 PM

I miss Levi and Wrangler jeans that always fit snugly and only cost a couple of quid !
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 05:15 PM

I miss the wasted time I spent learning things at school only for them to change everything.

Pounds shilling and pence
Weights and measures
LBS Ounces
Inches feet yards furlongs
And more that I cant think of (due to age)

I ask you what was the point.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I miss good entertainment venue's. There used to be several clubs in my vicinity that were really good to go to if you wanted a good night out. You could be served a meal at your table while watching the cabaret from visiting artists. After the show there was late night dancing.

Anybody in Derbys/Notts might know where I mean - The Commodore at Nottingham, The Aquarius at Chesterfield, Talk of the town at Derby.
All gone now - knocked down or changed into supermarkets!
Ooh I remember the Aquarias, we had some good times there along with chicken in a basket
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 05:17 PM

I miss squirrel dolly mixtures, the ones we get now are rubbish compared to the squirrel ones.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I miss the wasted time I spent learning things at school only for them to change everything.

Pounds shilling and pence
Weights and measures
LBS Ounces
Inches feet yards furlongs
And more that I cant think of (due to age)

I ask you what was the point.

I agree Marj.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:51 PM

jubbly's orange ice ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 01:01 AM

My parents and my grandparents. We all used to go to the seaside together and I used to stay with my grandparents at weekends often. My grandad especially, was lovely.
I guess I miss people I've lost and pets I've lost, dogs, my horse, things like that. Oh yes, and coming home to the smell of polish and Mum's sunday dinner cooking.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:10 AM

The life in the rock pools by the sea. As children we were fascinated to see the urchins, anemones, starfishes and other little creatures that lived in them. Now they are totally lifeless

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top