Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:28 PM

A Good Idea- A Fine Mess

As I was not feeling too good with this chest infection I didnt feel like much to eat, so decided to make Bacon & egg pie.What could be easier, ready to mix pastry, just add water, but I couldnt find my rolling pin [ havent used it for ages], so I was forced to use my Mums glass rolling pin [ wedding present in 1916 ] decied to part bake the base but as I got it out of the oven the plate broke in my hands [ obviously not oven proof],plate & pastry all over the floor, so had to clear up & start again, it turned out OK but I was so tired by then I didnt feel like eating much, so half is in the fridge for tomorrow
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:32 PM

Re: A Good Idea- A Fine Mess

What a shame you had to do it twice deylon.

My ignorance is showing but how do you make bacon and egg pie?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:36 PM

Deylon, Over Christmas, I have had the same ailment as you, so l can commiserate!

Food tasted Yackitty Yuk to me and all I wanted was slushy stuff ie. tins of raspberries, jelly and ice cream and soft fruit etc.
I also found that everything l cooked was a disaster! Then, I rememember my mother in law’s words, ‘ Never cook when you’re ill as it will be a disaster’!

So true!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
What a shame you had to do it twice deylon.

My ignorance is showing but how do you make bacon and egg pie?
I'd like to know too please. I love bacon and eggs.

I believe when you die if you go to heaven you can have bacon, fried eggs, sausages, mushrooms, black pudding and fried bread every day for breakfast and you don't get fat
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:51 PM

Tarlet, easy peasy, ,,Chop up some uncooked bacon 2/3 rashers [ can use old cold if wished ] mix with raw egg, Have ready a pastry base [ I like to part cook mine a little 1st but not needed] on a plate [ depends on how much bacon & egg you use , I had 3 bacon rashers = 1 egg & used a dining plate ] add bacon & egg mix, top with rest of rolled out pastry, press round the edges to stop liquid running out & pop in oven till golden brown, hey presto ready to eat, Sorry cant say how much pastry , as said mine was from a packet , just add water ,so I just used more & more untill I felt I had enough to cover my plate, a few bits of pastry over will go to birds tomorrow
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Tarlet, easy peasy, ,,Chop up some uncooked bacon 2/3 rashers [ can use old cold if wished ] mix with raw egg, Have ready a pastry base [ I like to part cook mine a little 1st but not needed] on a plate [ depends on how much bacon & egg you use , I had 3 bacon rashers = 1 egg & used a dining plate ] add bacon & egg mix, top with rest of rolled out pastry, press round the edges to stop liquid running out & pop in oven till golden brown, hey presto ready to eat, Sorry cant say how much pastry , as said mine was from a packet , just add water ,so I just used more & more untill I felt I had enough to cover my plate, a few bits of pastry over will go to birds tomorrow
I think this is what l call....a Quiche!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think this is what l call....a Quiche!!
Posh word for it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 08:21 AM

Surely a quiche is open and doesn't have a pastry lid?
Sounds more like a pastie to me!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 09:03 AM

Mmmmm Bacon and egg pie, standard fare when i was a kid.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:37 AM

My Mum called it a flan if it did not have a pastry lid on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top