Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:06 AM

The Secret of Blue Plaques

In 1866 the Society of Arts (which later became the Royal Society of Arts) founded what is now known as the Blue Plaques scheme.

Frank and Sue Ashworth of London Plaques in Cornwall, South East England have been creating them for the charity since 1984. This video shows us what goes into creating each of the ceramics.

Janette
New Member!
warwickshire UK
Janette is female 

09-11-2015, 12:05 PM

Re: The Secret of Blue Plaques

Thank you for that video,Solo It was fascinating to see the plaques being made in that homely setting instead of a factory somewhere. I'd like to see more of the family and their work maybe on TV .
I'm a real sucker for blue plaques - have had to read everyone I spot.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 04:23 PM

As blue plaques are one offs I often wondered about how they were made. As they were blue I thought it was maybe Wedgwood that made them, so was pleased to find it is a hand made homecraft which in a way makes them even far more special.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/v...-blue-plaques/

https://www.signsofthetimes.co.uk/Ca...Plaques+-+Blue
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:41 PM

I didn't know about Frank and Sue Ashworth they do a lovely job ...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top