Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 09:59 PM

Re: Rare Moon Image

Looking further it turns out that the Moon's shadow on Earth is relatively small, though still noticeable as in this picture:

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:29 AM

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Taking this anomaly further, I decided to zoom in on this picture. It appears to be fake to me. You can clearly see the slightly yellowish pixilation around the moon indicating that the moon pic has been cut from a different picture and pasted on top of the Earth.

Did you look at the animated graphic in the NOAA link !

See animation below
http://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/DSCOVR/im...ransitfull.gif
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Yes I did Solo. I don't see a shadow in the animation either though there does appear briefly a light patch over the centre of the Earth as the moon moves over to the right, but it's not a dark shadow and it doesn't move as the moon moves. It looks more like a kind of camera flare.

Regardless, if you zoom in on any of these animation snapshots, as I showed, you can clearly see awful pixilation around the edge of the moon whereas you don't see any such pixilation around the Earth in the same picture. This tells me the animation has been constructed with separate pictures of the Earth and moon. Why they would do this I can't say, but we already know that making images up is one of their fortes from the 69 "moon landings"
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:06 PM

Yes I did Solo. I don't see a shadow in the animation either though there does appear briefly a light patch over the centre of the Earth as the moon moves over to the right, but it's not a dark shadow and it doesn't move as the moon moves. It looks more like a kind of camera flare.

Regardless, if you zoom in on any of these animation snapshots, as I showed, you can clearly see awful pixilation around the edge of the moon whereas you don't see any such pixilation around the Earth in the same picture. This tells me the animation has been constructed with separate pictures of the Earth and moon. Why they would do this I can't say, but we already know that making images up is one of their fortes from the 69 "moon landings"
I see no need to doubt the authenticity of the photos. No doubt it is more to do with the kind of camera equipment needed to take shots in outer space that is causing what you see as dubiuous.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-12-2015, 03:14 PM

A key discipline to adopt when appraising the truth/validity of something, is to look at it objectively rather than ask oneself, why would they fake something?

The truth/validity of something is not dependent on reasons. It is either true or it is not. The reasoning can be worked out later.

I PrtScrn'd another snapshot of this animation and again zoomed into the picture. I still see something that does not look right:

The yellowing around the edge of the moon looks well squiffy to me as does the pixilation. There IS some pixilation seen in the clouds over the Earth but not as much as you see with the moon.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 03:23 PM

I immediately thought the muddy looking blob was some kind of blue tack.

Mouldy pancake ?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-12-2015, 03:56 PM

Perhaps they don't want us to see what they have built on the dark side of the moon over all these years?
solo
UK

21-12-2015, 04:04 PM

A key discipline to adopt when appraising the truth/validity of something, is to look at it objectively rather than ask oneself, why would they fake something?

The truth/validity of something is not dependent on reasons. It is either true or it is not. The reasoning can be worked out later.

I PrtScrn'd another snapshot of this animation and again zoomed into the picture. I still see something that does not look right:

The yellowing around the edge of the moon looks well squiffy to me as does the pixilation. There IS some pixilation seen in the clouds over the Earth but not as much as you see with the moon.
Another explanation for way these photos look

The image is composed of a series of pictures captured on October 12. The orbiter was hanging out at just 83 miles (134 kilometers) above the moon's far side at the time.

NASA says capturing an Earthrise is a challenge that requires some fancy flying. "First the spacecraft must be rolled to the side (in this case 67 degrees), then the spacecraft slews with the direction of travel to maximize the width of the lunar horizon in LROC's Narrow Angle Camera image," the space agency notes.

The orbiter is equipped with cameras that take both high-res black-and-white photos and lower-resolution color photos. Information from the two were combined to build the high-res color image NASA released Friday.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-12-2015, 09:32 PM

I'm sorry Solo but the animation is fakery plain and simple. Once you are alert and looking for this kind of thing you spot it quickly.

Let me show you once and for all. Look at the animation again and note how the moon looks as it enters at the bottom left and leaves at the top right. In those positions the moon suddenly and magically is in partial shadow. I have captured the frames for you below:

The moon has partial shadow on one side yet the Earth itself has no such shadow.

I'm afraid that for whatever reason, that animation is just a cut/paste creation using separate pictures of the Earth and the Moon.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top