Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Re: Union Scaremongering

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Arerolor, by law everyone is allowed to transfer their pension to another one so when they are forced to retire at 55(although that is being removed) they will be offered a 'suspended pension' but they have the choice to transfer it to another one if they so wish.
If they do not have one then they can take a pension out and then transfer their old company pension into it.
I know that pensions can be transferred or suspended AB. NHS employees were not "forced" to retire at 55 (it was an option if they wanted to and they could start to draw their NHS pension at 55 if they wanted to). None of this alters the fact that NHS staff in the NHS pension scheme will not be allowed to take their NHS pension before 65 - which is quite a dramatic change.

I think we are going round the houses a bit here AB and getting nowhere fast.

A slightly different thought, but one thing I would say when you talk about lazy employees, fair play, the right to strike, getting out of holes, etc. etc. is that nurses and other health professionals WILL NOT GO ON STRIKE. (Heaven forbid that they ever did - it is against their professional ethics and core principles). What you also may not realise is that a lot of effort and time is given by staff which goes unpaid.

When you talk wholesale about lazy employees AB it really does make me cross - we have obviously lived in different working worlds. Many people would not last five minutes in the environment that many NHS staff work in, so please stop referring sweepingly to lazy employees.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 03:22 PM

OH! I have hit a sore point, sorry if it has upset you Aerolor.
I was not just refering to NHS, in fact I did not mention any profession.

Can I add that several years ago I did appear on BBC 2 saying that Nurses deserveed a 10% increase in their salary not the 5.4% that they were being offered, as the jobs that they do often go without a thank you from people whom they serve.

I agree with you, heaven help us if they ever do go on strike.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 05:00 PM

You haven't upset me AB, so no need to say sorry - I just get cross sometimes when generalised assumptions fly around. I'll argue 'til the cows come home on behalf of the NHS Friends?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
You haven't upset me AB, so no need to say sorry - I just get cross sometimes when generalised assumptions fly around. I'll argue 'til the cows come home on behalf of the NHS Friends?
Friends!!! That goes without saying Aerolor.
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 09:01 PM

Up the workers
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 11:03 PM

Hmmm - seems Comrade Scott is starting the revolution. Well done and well said Tovarich!!!
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmm - seems Comrade Scott is starting the revolution. Well done and well said Tovarich!!!
I once came out on strike in sympathy with the daffodils
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Andycapp ->
I once came out on strike in sympathy with the daffodils
Is that all??? - have been out on strike a number of times and attended more picket lines than I care to remember. I am a 'Bolshie' through and through!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

02-12-2011, 12:01 PM

Ah! Unions, where one goes the rest brainwashed minority follow

Blindly.

Andycapp
Wigan

02-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top