Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 12:35 AM

Re: Christmas Decorations

Sorry to sound like a Grinch, but those are just too much!! I haven't been out so don't know what's happening locally, but suspect it'll be too early (it's STILL NOVEMBER!!!) and too much. What ever happened to a few porch lights and a door wreath?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 12:52 AM

Eileen, I couldn't agree with you more. I think tarting up the outside of a house like that is in very bad taste, but that's just my opinion.

However, there is a house in another district of where I live which stands on a corner and the owner goes way overboard with outdoor decorations for Christmas, but it's well known as a charity collection point for a local children's hospice, and people do give very generously every year.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 01:22 AM

I remember once staying with friends in Cornwall at Christmas, and they took me to see some local houses all lit up. I have to say, it was lovely to see and great for the children. Wouldn't do it myself though......just think of the electricity bill!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 02:33 AM

LOL, Mollie, guess we;re a pair of Grinches! And yes, Berxer, the electricity bill ..
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 02:42 AM

I don't really think of myself as a Grinch, but I find the whole issue of dressing up the outside of a house to look like some sort of tatty social club, to be somewhat tasteless and, if anybody thinks that I'm a snob for thinking that, let it be so. Mayhap I am!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 04:27 AM

love the lights
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Much to soon for decorations.

Ours go up on Christmas eve and come down on the twelth night.

I do not believe in the 44 commercial days of christmas, but having said that our Chrismas Catus is flowering so it must be near christmas, maybe we have the wrong dates.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 10:23 AM

My neighbour down the road dresses up the outside of her house with Christmas tat each year, it has just gone up.

A wreath on the door and candle in the window in Christmas week is more to my taste. For me the big light displays are best left to the towns and commercial displays.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 10:54 AM

Far too early and too ostentatious for me. I will put up my artificial tree much nearer the time and that is it.
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Not far from me we have a row of house's all trying to outdo each other - I love it! Its a wonderful time of the year.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top