Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Re: Ladies what is your view?

'Call me darling, call me sweetheart, call me dear.' That song sprang straight into my mind, and what a lovely song it is too. If I were a lady I would sing it to the customer, the look on his face would be priceless.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 05:53 PM

Oh, good one, Jem!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 06:01 PM

What a pompous, arrogant, obnoxious person he must be! I would have referred him to the Manager of the store.

I don't like to be called darling, or any other term of endearment, unless it's by someone who knows me well.

Up here in the North West, we have a tendency to call each other "luv" or chuck, but in an informal friendly way, and usually to people we actually know.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 07:13 PM

I find it patronising from people I do not know.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
'Call me darling, call me sweetheart, call me dear.' That song sprang straight into my mind, and what a lovely song it is too. If I were a lady I would sing it to the customer, the look on his face would be priceless.
Jem as always you would handle the situation with good humour and no doubt defuse the situation completely
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Here in Lincolnshire, males and females call each other "Duck", which is, I suppose a term of endearment.Other than that, they may mean you resemble Donald, Daisy, or god forbid, Daffy!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-11-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Here in Lincolnshire, males and females call each other "Duck", which is, I suppose a term of endearment.Other than that, they may mean you resemble Donald, Daisy, or god forbid, Daffy!
Not just in your part John, but I have only used it when talking to the females.I can honestly say I have not ever had anyone take offence or a gate at my way of speaking to them.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2011, 11:00 PM

I don't really mind what I'm called, as long as it's not rude.

Had to get used to the Cornish lingo though, they call the females 'my bird'
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 01:26 AM

to be honest i dont find it a problem, as long as its not something nasty of course.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 11:35 AM

I don't like being called darling etc by strangers but for some people it is just their way and I accept it as such. I would object strongly if it was patronising though in any way and would tell the person so in no uncertain terms !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top