Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 10:39 AM

A winter Wednesday

A very good morning one and all . The sun is shining,
there is a chill wind and it is a 'two jumper' day but I am not grumbling. I can't remember a previous year where I have managed so long with so little heating. Perhaps I am just getting tougher

Going to do lots of cleaning today starting with the deep freeze. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Re: A winter Wednesday

Well after the high winds and torrential rain yesterday today has woken bright dry and bright. Hope it continues.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Good morning Meg, Shirley and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk&ob=av3e

Very windy, cold but dry this morning. Weekly shopping done but we had trouble trying to find a light bulb for one of the lights in the bathroom which failed last night. That is the problem if you buy fancy light fittings, a bit down the road when they fail you have problems because they are no longer produced. Now I have 6 new downlighters to fit.

Plans for today, see above, then lunch at home followed by finishing the bathroom lights and visiting friends tonight.

Have a great day and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzClsQ0bt9A
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Good Morning Meg, Shirley, Bob and everyone! Well wish your weather was up here Meg! Still heavy rain and high winds here! Some places not that far from me were flooded out yesterday, railways disrupted due to flooding on the lines as well and landslides on the motorway disrupting traffic as well - utter chaos! Heard that snow was also on the weather front - think I'll emigrate to England!!

Many thanks for the links, Bob. Good ones

Enjoy your day everyone and take care
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Good morning all, very cold here today, dry with sunny spells. I'm free again today and as Sherlock Holmes said to Watson, "I find when I have nothing to do, I do a lot of nothing", figure that one out, sounds to me like something Stan Laurel would say..
Yes AB, annoying isn't it, I will have to change the light fittings in the living room soon, I'm sick of replacing those little ones you cant touch with your fingers, forget what they are called.
Brandykins, I see the race meeting at Ayr was called off yesterday because of a waterlogged course, must be plenty of rain in Scotland.

Take care of yourselves Folks and keep warm.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Good afternoon... well its a much brighter day here today, still a bit breezy but at least its dry

Heard about floods in Scotland on news last night Brandykins and also snow forecast!! Parts of Dumfries (just over the border) is also flooded and some of the rivers in Cumbria are on flood alert which hopefully will come to nothing with today's dry spell

Been into the Lakes this morning to collect a dog, busy afternoon with dogs to see to.

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Good afternoon everyone. We had quite a heavy frost last night, and it was still on the ground when I went out this morning. Still it is bright and sunny though - a fine sort of day.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 01:35 PM

We seem to a bit luckier down here with our weather, blue skies with the sun drying up yesterday's horrid rain. I've had the grandchildren here since 8.15am while their teachers are on strike and now having a quick break on here from all the excitement. My husband is back from picketing this morning and we're off to the park after lunch. I put my bin out then remembered our bin men are on strike, you'd think I'd remember that today!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 02:16 PM

Lovely sunny day here but unfortunately I'm at work
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Good morning all. It was seriously cold yesterday as I headed home for the day. My friend Warren & I were out running around yesterday morning eating breakfast and doing shopping chores as the temperature fell.

My phone wrang as we drove and a representative from Providence Medical Center called to give me some great news. He was tasked to provide the prescription for me so that I could get it taken care of for free by the manufacturer. Instead, he signed me up for a similar program by the medical center that will provide m two most expensive, non-generic medications for free. That's great news as I'll $220 a month by their kindness.

Have a great day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top