Join for free
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 03:02 PM

water board

had the water board out today to test the water in house cause it tasted tainted.
he knocked on the door in muddy boots so asked him to take his boots off,,,i cant he says elf an safety he says,,
said i will bring you a glass of water to do his test,no says he,i need to get it from the tap myself.
he then says he would have to go back an get some over shoes.
what a load of rubbish to say he cant take his boots off to walk across the carpet,,,,
any way its sorted now.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Re: water board

Rather inconsiderate of him. We insulate houses and the crew always remove their boots and/or put down clean dropcloths before going into the house. One homeowner offered them each a pair of slippers!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 06:47 PM

When the contractors were laying new gas pipes at the front of our houses one of them needed access to check the gas appliances once they'd done.

I let the guy in but he took his boots off outside. I told him he didn't have to do that as my hall and kitchen are both tiled, but he said they HAVE to do that.
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 08:58 PM

You should have charged him for the water
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 09:01 PM

What a load of tosh.
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Does anyone know the phone number for Oxfam.
I have just got my Water bill and then I heard on TV
That Oxfam can supply a whole family with Water for just £2 a month
I am swapping my Water supplier......
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 11:02 AM

This is rubbish.

I have had the Gas,Water and Electric company personel come to our home, they offer to take off their shoes but I ask them if it helps to sort out the problem,, er, no, so I tell them to leave them on.

What they idea behind the removal of shoes is that some uncscrupulous people claim compenstion for a ruined carpet after the men have left saying it was not like that before the men came.

Tell them to leave their shoes on as you have air freshners which you can use afterwards if you need to.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top