Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 02:39 PM

Re: Stormy Thursday

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Good morning everyone, after a wild night its a fairly calm day, sun is shining and there's a nip in the air.

Had some good news first thing, I've just become a great aunt to a baby boy called Samuel who I will see for the first time in a few weeks time, so cant wait!!

Just off out to walk Bonnie and a little visiting dog on marsh and then its an afternoon in the office.

Enjoy your day folks
Congratulations on the birth of your Great Nephew, Marian! Samuel is a lovely name!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 04:50 PM

Hi all. Beautifully sunny here but back to chilly seasonable temps: a bit after 10:45 AM and only 6℃ (42℉) and rather windy. I was quite surprised to get my needlepoint kit yesterday; I just ordered it Sunday and it came from Sheffield by FedEx ... that's fast! Looks very nice, I'll enjoy doing it. No news, just down for mail and grass.

Mags, only 9℃ and no heat!!?? Marian, congratulations on becoming a great aunt; you and merz both.

Only 21 days till the solstice when thesun starts setting a bit later again.....
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 04:54 PM

Thanks Mags and Eileen, cant wait to see the photos
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->

Hi all.
Mags, only 9℃ and no heat!!?? Marian, congratulations on becoming a great aunt; you and merz both.

Only 21 days till the solstice when thesun starts setting a bit later again.....
Yes Eileen, my indoor thermometer is reading 21ºC (70F), we have a Victorian house which does tend to hold the heat, the heating will probably go on this evening for a couple of hours though as it's supposed to drop to 3ºC tonight.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes Eileen, my indoor thermometer is reading 21ºC (70F), we have a Victorian house which does tend to hold the heat, the heating will probably go on this evening for a couple of hours though as it's supposed to drop to 3ºC tonight.
Ah, that makes sense, then! I was surprised to see we were colder here at 6℃ than you.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Good morrow to you wench(Mollie) I see practising for the pantomime season are we!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 09:05 PM

Ooooh, Its been so cold here, went shopping this morning and got my mum a lovely red shiny bin for Christmas as shes just decorated her kitchen and the bin is the last thing she wanted, so feeling quite pleased with myself. Then this afternoon my cousin came to visit and we chewed over the cud and put the world to rights so good day all in all. Hope everyone else has had a good day too.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 10:09 PM

Bit of a busy day again today, my daughter went to hospital, she is having a few problems in her early pregancy so I looked after Lily, her two year old. Her Mum is back at home now. After having all five yesterday I am shattered! I don't know what the weather's like I haven't stepped outside the door for two days!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Congratulations Marian on becoming a great aunty to Samuel-a lovely name for him

Been a chilly day today, stayed dry till about 4pm then we had a quick shower. Just let Hatti out in the garden, and its cold-apparently going to drop to -1 tonight so no doubt be a frost in the morning....

Relaxing sort of day today, walking, ironing for my Niece and few household jobs....
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 01:41 AM

Thanks Merz, I've seen a text photo now, he's sooo tiny

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top