Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 02:47 AM

Friday - Thank Goodness

Good morrow to one and all. Last week I had three days off work and my word I've paid for it this week trying to catch up on my work-load.

Every day this week has been a hard one and I've been shattered driving home each night. I haven't even had time to drink a full cup of tea at work this week, but we survive.

I've more or less caught up now as it has been quite stressful, but my stars, I'd hate to have a fortnight off!

Whatever you're all doing today, I hope you enjoy yourselves.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Re: Friday - Thank Goodness

Good morning Mollie and everyone who joins us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNXSUspeTY

It is dry here at the moment but that is possibly due to all the rain during the night and none being left up there to fall on us, The high winds have gone and the thermometer hs reached the highs of 2 degrees. We only here a couple of mother natures creatures on our wal so maybe they all had a rough night and are sleeping in today.

Plans for today are clean up(it is Friday) followed by lunch at some local establishment and a quiet afternoon befor going of visiting friends tonight.

Mollie, work is not the be all and end all of life, we have to make sure that we use work as a means to an end, that end is to enjoy life at the level that you are happy with.
Work will still be there when we are long gone.

Have a wonderful day and dont forget we live in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNXSUspeTY
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 09:27 AM

A very good morning to you all on this bright and frosty morning in the Midlands.

I've not been around for a couple of days as I've been laid low by some bug or something, but on the mend now thankfully....I do hope you've not been behaving while I've been gone....

Nothing much planned for today other than keeping warm and taking it easy... the fire is lit, the coffee pot's simmering and the shelf is full of books, what more could you want...

Have a good day yourselves if you can...

Barry
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 11:48 AM

I was wondering where you were Barry, I was imagining all sorts of things that your OH may have done.

Please to hear it was just a bug.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Good morning all, bitter cold her today but dry so far. Yes we are into the Christmas Month and I have just collected my 10 euro wager from my darling wife, I did not use the Christmas word until today Dec. 2th, I even gave her an extra bonus day, normally I would not take it from her but she is loaded after a stroke of good fortune, and more luck to her I say, it couldn't happen to a nicer person.
Seen a preview of the new Maggie Thatcher film "The Iron Lady" and she comes across as a sad bewildered old woman in her later years. Meryl Streep as Thatcher is brilliant. Didn't the creator of the yuppies once say, "Be careful how you treat your work colleague today, he could be your landlord tomorrow", might go to see it. All these quotes and sayings contradict one another, for example how do you figure this if your depressed and standing at the top of a cliff? "Look before you leap" and "He who hesitates is lost"
Enjoy your day and stay away from cliffs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Good morning fellow members cold and grey here after a bright start
Originally Posted by plantman ->
I've not been around for a couple of days as I've been laid low by some bug or something, but on the mend now thankfully....I do hope you've not been behaving while I've been gone....:
I am pleased to hear you are better Barry I seem to have some strange respiratory virus at the moment and feel poorly.

Think I might wrap up warm and do the Christmas cards instead of housework.
Have a pleasent day everyone
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Hello everyone

Sorry to hear you've not been well Barry, wondered where you were! And also hope you get better soon Meg and hope it doesn't take as long as mine did!! Over 6 weeks now and still not gone. I've never had anything like this in my life...it went through lots of different stages and in the middle I did have a respiratory problem which is ok now, apparently there's lots of people suffering with this!

Have had a bit of a social morning so far... walked Bonnie on marsh with Molly a visiting King Charles Spaniel and met a friend with her two collies, then my neighbour appeared with her spaniel and then another friend appeared with her collie so there were 6 dogs running around all getting along fine which was really nice to see. Then on way home stopped and chatted to people at the bus stop so now up to date with everything going on in the village

Nothing exciting planned for rest of day, must really clear my desk so that I can make a start on my accounts next week, boring!!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Hello everyone

I see it has snowed on Over50'sForumLand overnight ..... doesn't the tree look pretty!

The morning started bright and sunny here in the SW but now the sky is masked with cloud.

Barry - pleased to hear you're feeling better now, I did wonder if you were ill.

AB - Thanks for the laugh .....I love the cartoon Plant a Man (Grow your own dope) and the bug!

Jem - well done on winning your bet...... don't spend it all at once

Meg - sorry you're feeling poorly again, there appears to be many people going down with this bug. My chesty cough has also come back again ....keep taking the cough mixture!

Enjoy your day all, stay warm
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Mollie, work is not the be all and end all of life, we have to make sure that we use work as a means to an end, that end is to enjoy life at the level that you are happy with.
Work will still be there when we are long gone.
I do work as a means to the end - a pay packet every week.

I hope everybody has a lovely day, and I'm off to work now, so will have a natter later on.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 02:25 PM

we have more snow brrrrrrrrr
good thing I am staying home

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top