Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 02:52 PM

Re: Friday - Thank Goodness

Good morning all. We happen to be one of the mildest places in the country this past week. We've had sunshine each day with chilly temperatures around 0C or 32F in the morning and 7C or 45F as our high. California, to our South, has had terrible 100 mph wind storms that blew over 18 wheel trucks on the highway and many trees. It's been calm here.

I have just two more packages for Christmas coming. I had to buy Jack the Cat his Chia Catgrass Planter, which hasn't arrived yet. All might be here today.

I'll be off to McDonald's for coffee and chat in just a few minutes as that helps vary my day. I enjoy the company of my friends.

Have a great day all!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good morning all. We happen to be one of the mildest places in the country this past week. We've had sunshine each day with chilly temperatures around 0C or 32F in the morning and 7C or 45F as our high. California, to our South, has had terrible 100 mph wind storms that blew over 18 wheel trucks on the highway and many trees. It's been calm here.

I have just two more packages for Christmas coming. I had to buy Jack the Cat his Chia Catgrass Planter, which hasn't arrived yet. All might be here today.

I'll be off to McDonald's for coffee and chat in just a few minutes as that helps vary my day. I enjoy the company of my friends.

Have a great day all!
I hope you enjoyed your coffee and chat with your friends, Bob ..... it's nice for you to be able to meet up like that,

Have you put your camera into hibernation for the winter I hope you'll be able to visit the Camp 18 restaurant in the lead up to Christmas this year as I would love to see another photo of that marvellous huge fireplace with the log fire
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Hi all. Beautiful, brilliant sun and seasonable here: nearing 11 AM and 8℃ (46℉). We still haven't had a frost yet in the City. All quiet here, just the usual mail/grass run downstairs. Think I'll make soup for dinner; good on a chilly night. My new amaryllis came, have potted it up.

Barry, wondered where you were, glad you're on the mend now. AB, loved the graphics! Sorry so many people are poorly with the bug and persistent cough... Bob, we're in the 50s here in DC.

Stay warm and dry.......
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and yes, those cartoons were inspired Bob, I loved 'em....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello everyone

I see it has snowed on Over50'sForumLand overnight ..... doesn't the tree look pretty!

The morning started bright and sunny here in the SW but now the sky is masked with cloud.

Barry - pleased to hear you're feeling better now, I did wonder if you were ill.

AB - Thanks for the laugh .....I love the cartoon Plant a Man (Grow your own dope) and the bug!

Jem - well done on winning your bet...... don't spend it all at once

Meg - sorry you're feeling poorly again, there appears to be many people going down with this bug.
My chesty cough has also come back again ....keep taking the cough mixture!

Enjoy your day all, stay warm
Thanks Mags and Marian , I don't know what it is

Everything aches chest/throat/eyes even my skin and I can't get warm.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thanks Mags and Marian , I don't know what it is

Everything aches chest/throat/eyes even my skin and I can't get warm.
With aches like that Meg, it sounds like a touch of flu
You had your jab this year, didn't you?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Very cold today compared to how its been. Spent the morning shopping and ended up at home knackered so spent a quiet rest of the day. Thankfully I've only got 3 presents to buy and got 2 today and will get the other on line from Amazon
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
With aches like that Meg, it sounds like a touch of flu
You had your jab this year, didn't you?
...yes Mags I had the flu vaccination .
I guess it is a virus probably picked up at The National Childbirth Trust Christmas 'do' I went to last week with the babes and my Daughter in Law. It was full of small children expelling bodily fluids of every kind from every orifice
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-12-2011, 08:30 PM

Yes, I thought you had had it.

That's the problem with gatherings of people, there always seems to be germs and viruses around

I hope you start to feel better soon, Meg.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Meg, those symptoms are definitely a flu virus. I've only ever had flu three times in my life, and I had all those that you have, except that I couldn't walk it was that bad, but only lasted two days.

I never have flu jabs though.

So sorry to read that so many folk have been poorly so I hope you're all well again soon.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top