Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Re: Sandpaper Saturday

Oh Jem so sorry about the boy and at Christmas too, the traffic is manic in Dublin, hope they get the driver.What can I say, just take it easy friend.Anniej
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Good morning all. Very sad state of affairs with hit and run drivers. People are in too much of a hurry these days. I'm sure they'll catch the driver as he/she is a coward.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday, full of sunshine and warmth. We're in for another today. We start with frost as there is no wind but the sun will rise soon and warm thing up.

My apartment is warmer today because I asked my manager to fix a leaky sliding balcony door. They did a good job as it's noticeably warmer and less drafty this morning.

Have a great weekend all!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 04:02 PM

Afternoon everyone. We have blue skies today with a bit of sun, but very windy.

Jem - I am so desperately sorry to hear of the young boy's tragic death because of a coward behind the wheel of a car. How could somebody do that? Very sad indeed.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Jimmy, awful news and so depressing.

Nothing I can say that will ease the pain. I hope they catch the murders and justifably punish them though it wont bring back the youngster.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and the boys family.

See folks, it is a privilege to grow old.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Oh Jem, how tragic; may his soul rest in peace.

Hi everyone! Brilliant sun but back to seasonable: nearing 10:45 AM and only 7℃ (44℉), but at least it's not windy today. No errands today, all checks aren't here, and Chris is dropping off the vermouth, so no bank/booze run. A lazy day, but may start Xmas cards to go overseas .....

Hope all the coughs and colds go away soon ...... take care, stay warm and dry, all.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh Jem, how tragic; may his soul rest in peace.

Hi everyone! Brilliant sun but back to seasonable: nearing 10:45 AM and only 7℃ (44℉), but at least it's not windy today. No errands today, all checks aren't here, and Chris is dropping off the vermouth, so no bank/booze run. A lazy day, but may start Xmas cards to go overseas .....

Hope all the coughs and colds go away soon ...... take care, stay warm and dry, all.
Eileen our overseas cards had to be in the post last Thursday.

I got a Christmas card from one of our adopted Dogs and found out it has been a blood donor for other dogs. Great, even animals can save others.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 05:14 PM

Hello everyone!

We took a trip to Weston today as a good day was forecast but brrrrr... it was a keen cold wind blowing as we walked along the promenade. We headed into the town where it was sheltered from the cold winds for a very welcome and warming coffee and managed to get quite a bit of Christmas shopping gone amongst the throng of shoppers. Called in at the Garden Centre on the way home and hubby bought me a lovely red cyclamen.

AB - sorry to hear you have caught the dreaded OFFer's virus I hope you'll feel better soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 05:23 PM

Jem, that's terrible news So tragic for the young lad's parents and family, my heart goes out to them.

What an awful shock for you and your grandsons too, my thoughts are with you all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 07:30 PM

Commiserations to all who currently suffer, may your suffering be slight and swift..

Jem, a tragic story indeed, and my condolences are with the boys family and friends...

Talk about it never rains but it pours, we discovered a water leak this morning behind the shower in the en suite, apparently its been leaking for a while, I'm amazed that we haven't crashed through the floor and ended up in the dining room... The plumber has stenched the flow now, but we've had to take out most of the sanitaryware and some wall tiles to get to it, looks like being a full refurb job now...

Hope everyone is generally OK and you all have a pleasant evening.

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 07:36 PM

Jem I am sad to hear about the young boy life can be incredibly unfair.

Barry what a nuisance , this isn't the newly completed bathroom is it ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top