Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 09:36 PM

There's No Place Like Home

I popped to my local shop earlier. I didn't realise it was raining so hard, nor that the wind was blowing badly, or that it was cold.

I was so glad to get back indoors and put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea.

What experiences have you had to be so glad to be back home again.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Re: There's No Place Like Home

Being released from the hospital after surgery and to finally sleep in my own bed and eat some decent food! This was the only time in a long life that I'd been hospitalized, and it was awful.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 10:57 PM

I so agree with you Mollie and Eileen. I also think there is no place like home. Coming into a cosy home out of the bad weather is so comforting. After every spell in hospital as soon as I come home I need to bathe and wash everything I unpack to make it smell like mine again. I think your own home even smells special and when you have been away for a while everything about your home is enhanced and I look at familiar things and rooms in a fresh appreciative way. I'm always pleased to get back home after a holiday.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 11:40 PM

I am always glad to get home when I have been anywhere these days it is my refuge from the world...
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am always glad to get home when I have been anywhere these days it is my refuge from the world...
My sentiments entirely, Meg.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 11:56 PM

Our refuge, our castle, our safe place ........
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 12:47 AM

I love getting home after being away too.... I can just be myself
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-12-2011, 12:52 AM

Mollie, I think you hit a nerve here!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

04-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Sorry Eileen. Have I said something wrong or offended anyone? I hope not.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-12-2011, 02:45 AM

Oh no, no, just the opposite, I meant that we all seem to feel a great sense of relief at getting home: our safe place, guess I should have just said Good Thread!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top