Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Most Comical Present

I'm sure we've all received a present at some time or other which was either comical, insulting or unwanted.

A few years ago, Gordon went to do some shopping for some obscure reason as he wasn't the shopping type. Anyway, when he came back he handed me a carrier bag saying he'd got something for me.

"For me," says I. "Yes," says he. It wasn't Christmas or my birthday, but I was flattered that he thought about me whilst he was out, and decided to get me something special.

I should have known better than to get excited. I opened the carrier bag and inside was:

Scroll down.

A bottle of CILLIT BANG and an air freshener!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 01:24 AM

Re: Most Comical Present

What's cillit bang Mollie?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 01:27 AM

A cleaning agent! It was quite popular a few years ago.

marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 01:41 AM

Oh right have not seen that one before! So how did you react when being presented with it and the air freshner??
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I'm sure we've all received a present at some time or other which was either comical, insulting or unwanted.

A few years ago, Gordon went to do some shopping for some obscure reason as he wasn't the shopping type. Anyway, when he came back he handed me a carrier bag saying he'd got something for me.

"For me," says I. "Yes," says he. It wasn't Christmas or my birthday, but I was flattered that he thought about me whilst he was out, and decided to get me something special.

I should have known better than to get excited. I opened the carrier bag and inside was:

Scroll down.

A bottle of CILLIT BANG and an air freshener!
What was he trying to tell you, I wonder?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:11 AM

A diary someone had already started to write in

One hand blown glass bauble (from my boss at work) for a Christmas tree I don't have.

And the sweetest last Christmas my Daughter in law gave me two small Peter Rabbit coveralls to be worn by the twins when I teach them to cook
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Most surprising and unwanted: a raincoat from my bosses at work .....I never could figure out the reason for that.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 04:58 PM

Most comical gift my wife had was bath salts and bubble bath from our daughter in law now ex daughter in law. Cos we dont have a bath only a shower.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 07:16 PM

We once bought a fisherman a Billy Bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmjOkeS9Azo
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2011, 01:32 AM

my farther in law sent me some barbie stickrs 2 years ago lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top