Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 09:59 AM

No morning walk Sunday

Good morning everyone

We spent the night with a neighbour who's husband was rushed to hospital at 11:15 last night.When we came back from the hospital we sat with her until 7:00am when she phoned to find out how he husband was, heavily sedated but out of danger.
We then took her round to her sisters home where she is sleeping now and will stay there for a few days.
Missed our morning walk but hey, life is more exciting when you change your routine.

Plans for today are off for a few ZZZzzzzzzz then who knows, posssibly a run to the hospital.

Jimmy you are in our thoughts and hope things are better.

Take care everyone and enjoy life, you never know what is around the corner
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Re: No morning walk Sunday

Morning to you Bob and to all else who pass this way..

I hope your neighbour's OK Bob, I had a very similar experience a few years back, enjoy the ZZzzzzz..... you deserve them...

A trip to the recycle depot on the cards for this morning methinks, then a walk with the dogs, and then a big Sunday roast before collapsing into an armchair for a few hours before tea .. perfect...

Have a good day yourselves and hey, let's watch out for one another today....

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:02 AM

Good morning fellow members . It is much colder here today but dry and bright. I was supposed to be going to the Victorian market with the children but I still have a sore throat and chest so reluctantly decided to give it a miss.

AB your neighbour must have been comforted by your help and kindness, I hope her Husband makes a speedy recovery.

Have an enjoyable day everyone whatever you decide to do.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Good Morning Bob and Everyone - cold, damp and windy up here and forecasters have said there will be some snow around but I hope it isn't here where I live - hate the stuff!!

Good job your neighbour had you both Bob, that was really good and I hope he makes a full recovery. Hope too that you get a good shut eye - you will be shattered. Take care - guid fowk are scarce!

Got Loki a new raincoat yesterday and she loves it! Got her out in the rain to christen it!

Can't believe what I am now looking out at - snow! Looks more like sleet! We had snow here last year at this time! Jings, I think I'll emigrate!!

Have a lovely Sunday and take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:50 AM

Good morning all It was a chilly start to the day but at least it is dry. Feeling a bit under the weather this morning after a restless night with stomach pains so I think I'll forgo my Sunday lunch this week.

AB, how very kind of you and your wife to stay with your neighbour all night after her husband was rushed to hospital. What a relief to hear he is now out of danger.
I hope you are feeling better in yourself today.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:52 AM

'morning AB and everyone

Sorry I missed you all yesterday, it seems even my weekends are getting busy now

AB - Hope your neighbour is on the road to recovery, and well done for helping out, get some Zzzzzzzzzzz this afternoon.

Weather here is still relatively mild, I still can't quite believe that Scotland has snow and we don't I don't think there is any chance of us missing it completely but if it is just Jan. and Feb. I'll be happy

Enjoy the week end, what's left of it, see you all next week.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:55 AM

Good morning everybody.

Sorry to hear about your neighbour AB and thank goodness you were both there for them and able to offer support!

Well its a dismal day here even had a sleety/snow shower earlier which then turned to rain. No walk on the marsh this morning, just a shortish walk down the lane. Will go out later on this afternoon to make up for it if it ever stops raining!

Glad Loki likes her new rain coat Brandykins

Have designated this weekend as a "car free" weekend so nothing exciting planned for the day, staying indoors catching up on chores

Have a good day folks
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Shock Horror! The snow is def landing here! The flakes are now huge!! Typical weather!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Shock Horror! The snow is def landing here! The flakes are now huge!! Typical weather!!
Brrrrr... that does sound cold, Rosemary
Take care and stay warm...
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 12:18 PM

morning all,wet an windy out,,but i m laided up with shingles, have a good day all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top