Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 03:10 AM

Morning All

It is 2 a.m. as I type and I'm supposed to be a-bed, mainly because I have to get up extra early so that the person can come and do the annual service on my 30 year old central heating boiler so for me I have to be up at daft o'clock in the morning.

As I type the rain/hail is rattling on my window and the wind is howling through the telephone wires which, strangely enough, I find comforting.

For the last couple of days I've had a bit of a pain in the upper part of my right cheek (and I don't mean the one on my face). Methinks I've pulled a muscle or something, but it is lessening now, thank goodness, as I've had a problem walking, but it has caused me a lot of discomfort.

I know there are many on here who are suffering from colds, coughs, shingles and other ailments so those of you, I hope you're all well again very soon.

Take care everyone.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 04:24 AM

Re: Morning All

wow 2 am I would be sleeping
what time is daft o clock to you mollie
next monday we have to be up at 4 45 in the morring
got to be at the hosptal for 5 45
hope what evers bothering you will be ok by the weekend
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:29 AM

Good morning Mollie, Pixie and everyone else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcbQ...eature=related

Not as cold today and the wind has dropped, the Sleet/Rain/Hailstone has ceased for the time being but none of mother natures creatures has arisen yet.

Nothing planned for today except maybe a few Lemsips and relaxation, even lunch is at home as she who must be obeyed has started to make a Cottage pie.

Have a good day and for all you sickly folk out there get well soon and cast your mind back to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9pNi...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 10:18 AM

Good Morning Mollie and Everyone No snow at the moment but the snow lying outside has turned to ice, the gritters have been up twice gritting the roads so far - but they don't do the pavements and they are like death traps! Think I'll get a pair of skis to go down the steep hilly corner I live at!! Supposed to be more snow later on as well! I HATE SNOW!

Hope the person came to see to your gas, Mollie! I was just switching off my telly at 2.00 am - then went thru' made a cuppa and a bit of toast and cheese and read for a while before going to sleep about 3.30 am! I hate bed!!

Enjoy your day everyone, whatever you do.

Take care.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 10:34 AM

A very good morning to all and sundry forumeers, and a "Get Well Soon" from me and the boys to all of you that are suffering....

Mrs PM is cooking salmon and roast veg for lunch, so I am going to keep out of the way chopping wood in the shed. A walk after lunch methinks and then a book in front of the fire until tea time...

Have a great day yourselves and hey, take extra care today if you are out in the snow.....

Barry
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Good morning all. Its a lovely start to the day here in that the sun is shining. Its frosty though and car frozen over. So decided to walk Bonnie around the village rather than take car out but after 5 minutes came home as pavements were sooo slippy, I had way too many falls last winter to take a chance!! So Bonnie will have to wait til later when its thawed.

Nothing exciting planned for rest of day, just a trip into Carlisle later on to get some food and the usual office work.

Enjoy your day with whatever you are doing and keep warm
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 11:04 AM

How cold was it this morning, I think it is time for the thermals to come out.
I would like to say it was nice and fresh but it was actually freezing cold.
I can hear a hot chocolate calling my name to warm me through
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Good morning everyone, hope your cheek is feeling better now Mollie.

Its very bright and sunny here but looks cold. Our heating just doesnt work properly, wont go above 19 and I darent tell the landlord in case he comes out and finds we have a hideaway dog so we are all shivering, the things we do, hope Keightley appreciates it.

We are going to be putting up our tree today and singing along to carols, bet the neighbours will appreciate that, will post our efforts later.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Just a thought Bridie about your heating, could you not get a local plumber to come and have a look at it without going through your landlord? That's what my sister does when things go wrong in her house as she also has hideaway pets
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 12:59 PM

Well I could if I wasnt too tight to pay one.

What I am going to do initially is ring the water people, Ive had a card saying they will come out and do a check, its a bits and bobs check to make sure youre not wasting water and Im going to do the helpless female bit and say I cant get it to work and see if he can do it. I change the bitty in the hall to a higher temp and as soon as I let go of the button it clicks back to 19, its so frustrating and I know its something simple, its just different to the one in my last house. TBH Ive never had central heating before apart from our last house and that was so easy, just a dial you turned, so this just flummoxes me totally.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top