Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Re: Morning All

Hello everyone another bright and sunny day here but there are a few clouds lurking around here and there.

Cleared a pile of leaves from the garden this morning and was surprised to see a few bulbs poking up through the ground ..... must be the mild weather confusing them.

Other than that, it's just been the general household jobs.

Enjoy your day, keep warm, stay safe...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 01:14 PM

A belated good morning everyone and commiserations to the afflicted Still wheezing and sneezing here with a nose like a ripe cherry

The sun is shining but it is very cold . I have got used to not putting the heating on in the mornings and am nice and warm in thick tights and two jumpers.

I am off to hang the washing out now , with a bit of luck it will dry.

Have a pleasant day everyone and keep warm
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 03:36 PM

The engineer should have come to service my central heating boiler between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and he's still not arrived so that means I have to wait in and not go to work this afternoon, so I'm in a mood about that.

Apparently the person is "running late" and, according to E-on whom I've rung to complain to, they checked my landline phone number which was 20 years out of date!!! Can you believe that? When I booked the appointment I confirmed my current number. I give up.

My right cheek is a little better though, so that's some compensation I suppose.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Hi all. Gloomy weather: a bit after 10:45 AM and drizzle, 15℃ (59℉), very unseasonable, but pleasant. Managed to get out between drizzle spells for Leia's grass. Finally buckled down and did cards yesterday. The list does get shorter every year, I had another death since last Christmas. Sad. All's quiet today. Sunset is at 4:45 today, this is the lowest, and will start upward nearing the Solstice!

Hope all the poorly people start feeling better soon. Be very careful if you have to venture out in the ice and snow; stay warm and dry!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Are you sure the landlord hasnt doctored it so it doesnt come on after 19.I have stayed in holiday cottages where this has happened.Its damned cold up here, snowed again overnight then it rained now its freezing. They are not salting here at the park as yet and the paths are like glass. Have started the fat balls for the birds mixed with sultanas and high energy seed, they were a bit dubious at first then the Robin came sorted them all out and stood guard over it, there are some awful squables.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

06-12-2011, 07:02 PM

Evening all,

Been snowing, hailing and raining all day the path outside on the road is like glass and I have to put the bin out tonight.
I am not looking forward to that little excercise one bit, am terrified of falling.

Our council have moved the grit bin along the road a bit.
Instead of putting it on the hill where it is needed they have put it on the flat section round the corner. The selfish moron opposite the new bin site has emptied it onto his driveway and the road outside his house.

I hope he is well pleased with himself.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Evening all,

Been snowing, hailing and raining all day the path outside on the road is like glass and I have to put the bin out tonight.
I am not looking forward to that little excercise one bit, am terrified of falling.

Our council have moved the grit bin along the road a bit.
Instead of putting it on the hill where it is needed they have put it on the flat section round the corner. The selfish moron opposite the new bin site has emptied it onto his driveway and the road outside his house.

I hope he is well pleased with himself.
Some people have absolutely no thought for others
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 07:07 PM

How annoying!!!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:05 PM

I guess it more appropriate to say good afternoon than good morning at this point. I just returned from McDonald's with our weekly senior coffee crew and now it's nearly 11 a.m..

The Christmas decoration photos were a great hit and I was rewarded by Jason with a $10 McDonald's gift card, well appreciated. I let everyone know that I was bringing 10 prints as Christmas gifts tomorrow and to expect to choose 2 each. There are 5 in our regular group. I had to stick to the regulars as it would double with the occasional drop-ins and guests.

It seemed bitterly cold this morning, especially when leaving McDonald's to return home. The wind has picked up and it's extremely overcast. There was frozen fog everywhere this morning at 6:30 when I left for McDonald's. I'm glad I have but a short 1 mile drive to get there. I sadly must fight 6 traffic lights in that short distance.

Have a safe warm day all!

Was this a "Bad" Puppy?

Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:44 PM

That looks like a very bad puppy, I think he should come and sit on my naughty step.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top