Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 07:54 AM

Alone with your thoughts Thursday

Good morning everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWV6DOgJGM
(better full screen)

Walking the Lane this morning with only the wind, rain and darkness of the day for company we started to talk about why people wish to stay in bed and miss out on the most serene part of the day. Peace and quiet, fresh air, before the cars start polluting the atmosphere, and just your thoughts to listen to, what could be better and more interesting than to start the day bright and early listening to the one person you love. YOU.

Plans for today are yet to develope but I suspect that she who must be obeyed will no doubt develope them soon and I hope they include the fireside and not a raincoat.

Have a great day everyone and remember to take

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2L1v7Wkx8
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 10:07 AM

Re: Alone with your thoughts Thursday

A very good morning Bob, and all fellow members who pass this way..

A brisk wind this morning and a wild day forecast. The trees are creaking and groaning, so it looks like we'll have to be careful when walking through the woods....

Nothing much planned other than making casserole for lunch and baking some bread to go with it, but may visit friends for coffee this afternoon...

Have a good day yourselves, whatever you have planned..

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Good Morning Bob, Barry and All And what a morning it has been so far! Galeforce winds and torrential rain battering windows, the trees nearly bending in half! There is a red alert warning out. The schools were to shut at 1 pm but text messages went out to parents early on that the schools would not be open and not to take the children to school! Looks like a day for indoors. Will need to pick my moment to take Loki out - but she is OK now she has her new raincoat!! Mind you, could be worse - could be snow, although that is also forecasted for Sunday!!

Love those links, Bob, especially the 2nd one!

Many thanks for sharing them.

Hope you all enjoy a good day.

Take care.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 11:28 AM

Good morning to everybody - A wet and wild day here, got blown around a fair bit walking bonnie on the marsh. Have to go out again shortly and then have to drive to other side of Cockermouth this afternoon which will make life interesting

Most of the fields around here have water laying in them and there's even a huge pond at the bottom of my driveway and a deep puddle at the side gate so I have to wear wellies just to get to the car

Enjoy your day with whatever you are doing and hope you don't get blown away
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Hello to everyone it's certainly a blustery day here, raining on and off but quite mild again.

Have dodged the showers to nip out and get the shopping. I have a hairdresser appointment this afternoon and it's sure to rain then

Hope the poorly people are improving...

Enjoy your day
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 01:34 PM

Good afternoon everyone Yes, a wet and windy one here as well. The wind is not as strong as I expected, but I'd better not speak too soon!

Brandykins - you seem to be have the worst of the winds up there, so take great care.

Just checked my little weather symbol and the wind has now gone up from 24 mph to 44 mph.......I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it!

Have a good day and take extra care.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Good morning all. Another sunny but chilly day here with Temps around 7C. I had much fun passing out my pictures as Christmas presents yesterday. The 7-8 people got to take home about 5 photos each. THey were delighted. It's the best I could do this year with my retirement income.

I found a cheap source for one of my most expensive medications yesterday. Costco is a big warehouse store that sells my drug for $30 for 90 pills. My normal pharmacy charges $197 for that same amount of the exact same drug. I immediately called and transferred my prescription to Costco. How can they be that much cheaper?

Have a great day all!

pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 01:39 PM

good morring from ontario was up this morring at 4 30
as its pree opp day
we have snow this morring best did my boots out winter coat
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Good afternoon everyone I decided to go and do the shopping today before it got busy and in case the weather worsened. It is dreadful out, wet and very windy.

In spite of going out early it was still very busy so I grabbed a few things and retreated to the safety of home. I don't need to go out again until next week .

Keep safe everyone...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Hi, people. We had a taste of Winter yesterday, very chilly, all day cold rain and high winds; snow North and West. Today at a bit after 11 AM it's still chilly, sunny, much colder than yesterday at 2℃ (36℉); still no frost in the City. Got out for grass, Leia looked a bit surprised not to get any yesterday, she knows the routine, bless her. Just the usual lazy afternoon planned, have finished my cards and Christmas shopping,so just forums and crossword. Shrimp creole for dinner'

Bob, what a great savings on the meds; I suppose Costco buys enough in bulk that it can negotiate a lower price and take a slightly less greedy profit considering the volume of sales that the lower price will generate.

Pixie, thinking of you today. AB, you're a lark, and can't understand the attraction that a warm snug bed has over the crack of dawn to an owl.....

The weather sounds horrid, stay warm and dry, friends!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top