Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 02:28 PM

The sun, The sun

These photos are more about the beautiful day than the destination. I took my big bike out for a 160 mile ride yesterday with clear blue skies everywhere. The high temperatures reached close to 60 F as the day headed into the afternoon.

I stopped at the Columbia River Maritime Museum to check out what ships were docked there this week. In the past I've seen National Geographic ships, giant sail ships and of course the museum's light ship Columbia.

There were plenty of tourists out with there cameras snapping away. I brought my new Manfrotto monopod with me and used it for the very first time. I love it for its compact size, sturdiness & versatility. I can actually get it and my camera gear all in my motorcycle trunk. That's added security as the hard luggge locks.

The giant anchor pictured below stands about 15 feet high and is a people magnet. Most visitors head straight for it, having themselves photographed in front of it.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 03:32 PM

Re: The sun, The sun

Wow! that is some anchor, Bob!

How lovely it is to see that beautiful blue sky ....roll on summer!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Wow! that is some anchor, Bob!

How lovely it is to see that beautiful blue sky ....roll on summer!
Today is supposed to be just as nice. I'm off from work for 3 more days so I may just be out there.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Saw that pic on YoP - nice! And agree with Mags about the lovely blue sky!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Lovely phots. Beautiful sky! Love that anchor!
linny
New Member!
Newton Abbot UK
linny is female 

12-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Great pics !
Particularly love the anchor pic It lifts the spirit to see clear blue skies.......here in the UK it's grey grey grey
My bikes are still under winter wraps....roll on Spring.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Lovely pics and the colours are brilliant, especially the sky.....
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Fantastic pictures!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top