Join for free
Page 12 of 31 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 05:13 AM

Re: I'd like to see you....

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually thinking about it I think it's true showing your face here does inhibit what you say and how much you share about your personal life. I never really thought about it in those terms before.

Too late for me now as I've had photos up for years.....maybe I should close this account and come back as someone completely different....a keyboard warrior maybe.....be afraid be very afraid
If you haven’t ever felt the need to seek help with something personal that involved other people then you probably don’t have to worry.

Everybody uses forums differently. Some want to debate about politics, some use it to play word games, others come to joke and laugh but there are many others who post about issues they might be having and the fact that they are incognito is what makes it possible. They aren’t sharing to shame others or themselves but perhaps seeking answers to difficult situations.

I can think of a large number of such members who have shared such information and been helped.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 06:42 AM

Sadly a lot on members don't fill in their profile either.

What's the harm in telling us you have four children & used to be a shoe salesman or whatever?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Jeeze Floydy,when are You going to stop whinging and complaining about Folks on this Forum?..so You don't know what most of Us look like..big deal..some of Us Women Members live totally alone and We don't want Our faces plastered all over the WWW...but even if I wanted to show Mine I can't because I lost all My pic's when I had computer prob's recently...so live and let live and stop telling Folks what to do.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Perhaps I'm not nosey enough! I'm not really bothered about what people have or don't have or how they look. I didn't even look at the Hot Seat threads.
I like the forum way of saying what you want without being interupted, whether people agree with you or not. You get to say stuff and move on.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm really at a loss as to why you people are so bloody frightened of taking a photo of yourselves?! You paranoid individuals. What on earth is wrong with you all? Are you really that brainwashed that you think your identity will be stolen?
You come across as a very nice and genuine person, but not all of us are confident as you are. Sometimes some of us have posted things we didn't mean to, or maybe because of how we were feeling at that time. It does not define us, but the written word, as opposed to the spoken is different. I put mine up briefly as I've nothing to hide, but then I started feeling uncomfortable, not because of anyone here, but it brought up old anxieties.
Now with my new pic I feel comfortable enough to post!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Jeeze Floydy,when are You going to stop whinging and complaining about Folks on this Forum?..so You don't know what most of Us look like..big deal..some of Us Women Members live totally alone and We don't want Our faces plastered all over the WWW...but even if I wanted to show Mine I can't because I lost all My pic's when I had computer prob's recently...so live and let live and stop telling Folks what to do.
May, I would never dream of TELLING anybody what to do on the forum. This is my opinion about avatars, that's all. Unfortunately some of those who have a different opinion have taken things way too far by wanting arguments from it.
I was only defending what I said. My freedom of speech on the forum. If others choose to have a different point of view then that's up to them.
I have no idea why I was subjected to all this hate and it just shows that a few members have some serious 'issues' if they get so uptight about being seen. No more from me on this subject.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
May, I would never dream of TELLING anybody what to do on the forum. This is my opinion about avatars, that's all. Unfortunately some of those who have a different opinion have taken things way too far by wanting arguments from it.
I was only defending what I said. My freedom of speech on the forum. If others choose to have a different point of view then that's up to them.
I have no idea why I was subjected to all this hate and it just shows that a few members have some serious 'issues' if they get so uptight about being seen. No more from me on this subject.
Calm down Man.nobody hates You,but I've noticed You do become quite aggressive towards older Folk on this Forum ONLY after You've been out on the Town and had a load-on...maybe You should think about that behaviour...so don't get angry with Me..just concerned for You is all.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sadly a lot on members don't fill in their profile either.

What's the harm in telling us you have four children & used to be a shoe salesman or whatever?
Because I'm not interested in worthless information about others and have no interest in people knowing anything "factual" about me. I'm here for the online equivalent of chatting casually to people in a shop, bus queue or gym, etc. I don't hand out A4 sheets to people I bump into in Real Life and have a chat with detailing bullet points about my life, so why do it online. There's no point whatsoever. I've never filled in an online profile since pre-Internet days.

If I said I was 56, male, happily married, had two daughters and 5 grandchildren and had worked in a bank for the last 17 years, how would you know if it was all true? Maybe part of that is true, maybe none of it is - you wouldn't be able to tell but it would somehow satisfy you to see it in black and white?

I never read profiles by the way. It's a waste of my time.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Calm down Man.nobody hates You,but I've noticed You do become quite aggressive towards older Folk on this Forum ONLY after You've been out on the Town and had a load-on...maybe You should think about that behaviour...so don't get angry with Me..just concerned for You is all.
It's nothing to do with having a drink, I only had three pints anyway. I was just stating my point of view but some people can't respect that. They go way off at a tangent and start talking about mental health issues and if their identities are going to be taken from them. Total over-exaggeration.
People go on Fakebook and freely post all manner of selfies all the time and that's a forum that is massive, not some tiny oldies site like this is in comparison. They even post photos of their kids which I would never do.
May, please respect my opinion and that I'm only defending myself. I very nearly quit the forum for good this morning but I won't give some people, including yourself it seems, that satisfaction.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

25-05-2019, 10:40 AM

Respect works both ways so get over Yerself Man.You really think I and others want You to quit the Forum?..Why the hell would We?..I have 3 'Children' one the same age as You,and if any of Them made such derogatory remarks as You have about People older than Them on a Social Site,I'd be having a word with Them about it...the end!

Page 12 of 31 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top