Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:28 AM

Re: Boris

It just goes to show the sad state of politics these days with Johnson the "best" they can come up with to lead the country.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Boris never was a true Brexiter, not passionate about it like Farage and one or two others I can think of. He saw an opportunity and jumped on the big red bus last minute. I feel his embarrassment. He knows a bit about EU lunacy, back in the 90s he wrote for a couple of Eurosceptic journals, it was tongue-in-cheek stuff about the shape of bananas and the punter lapped it up. That doesn't make him a true Brexiter.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:24 AM

The Media love Boris because he's always good for a daffy Brit type of story.

He Hangs on ropes, falls over in the park, bumbles his speeches, etc., just as they like.

He's not daft, though, as all the publicity is winning him the top job. Familiarity does not always mean contempt.

I feel sorry for all the other candidates (I'm telling porkies) as they are on the other end of the Media crap.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:40 AM

I dunno, l am not convinced by Boris Johnson, but then again am l convinced by any of the candidates?

Boris seems to have been given a makeover, new hairstyle, smarter suits. A younger model lady in his life who he wants to be installed with him at No10. That’s if he gets the quickie divorce he has requested from his wife.
I haven’t even seen him on his bicycle lately with his crash hat on, just him in a chauffeur driven limousine!
He’s offering to leave the EU with ‘no deal’, he’s offering tax cuts to the rich. It seems as if he is waving a carrot at us all but l feel once he has us in his clutches, it will all change.

He might be trying to be different but the packaging is just the same.
Hmmmm, the jury is out on this one, for me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:20 PM

It's a shame his Dad, Stanley isn't in the running. He is a legend.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
It just goes to show the sad state of politics these days with Johnson the "best" they can come up with to lead the country.
I was about to say almost exactly the same thing. When the answer is Boris you have to be asking WTF was the question?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 01:24 PM

He has won the first stage of the vote

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/928437...boris-johnson/
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 02:55 PM

Well true to form, the scumbag dinosaurs in the 'nasty party' have eliminated both women from ballot for the next round - so much for equality in the scumbag 'nasty party'.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The Media love Boris because he's always good for a daffy Brit type of story.

He Hangs on ropes, falls over in the park, bumbles his speeches, etc., just as they like.

He's not daft, though, as all the publicity is winning him the top job. Familiarity does not always mean contempt.

I feel sorry for all the other candidates (I'm telling porkies) as they are on the other end of the Media crap.

First he said he'd go for a no deal exit, yesterday he took that back by stating it is not he preferred outcome. In his approach he seems trying to appeal to all sides of the tories where brexit is concerned.
The fact that theresa may chose that same approach, and failed miserably, bodes badly for boris.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 03:02 PM

I guess it was inevitable that a figure that had great public appeal survived the first cut but I believe that Andrea Leadsom was the best candidate for the job.

She was the thinking persons logical choice. She is the person most likely to be competent to pick up the Thatcher banner as well having clear principles and having shown that she embodies all of the characteristics needed for the role of PM.

With the May replacement inheriting a poisoned challice and a dysfunctional parliamentary party riven from stem to stern right from the get-go it may be that her time will come after whoever is selected is kicked out and Leadsom will then step in to save GB just as Thatcher did.

We live in interesting times.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top