Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:18 AM

Re: Christmas lights already?

We have lights on trees all year around in Ilkley....on the square just behind the Black Hat...they always look pretty.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:29 AM

I noticed yesterday that two of the three local supermarkets were in the process of shelf content rearranging and space creating. I asked one gofer in the first I visited and was told were are preparing for Christmas stock due in very soon. So there you have it, Christmas with all of its commerciality will be intruding into our lives whether we like it or not. Personally, I would rather shops left items were I have lodged their location in my memory and not force me to go on an item hunting foray which I hate.
Oh yes and Halloween garb etc is already on the rails and shelves!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:34 AM

I love Christmas and the build up to it

Sorry I'll get me coat
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Not all decorative lights are for Christmas.
Our neighbours have a covered deck which is decorated with lights and looks so beautiful but I do understand the feeling of not wishing to see signs of Christmas too early. It seems to diminish the Christmas spirit when it does finally come.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 01:03 PM

I've got fairy lights in my garden (back) all year, nothing to do with Christmas, I don't bother with anything especially for Christmas, I just like the lights, makes the garden more interesting after dark.

I noticed a bit of Christmas creeping into Tesco yesterday, some Christmas puddings and other bits
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 01:08 PM

if it were up to me I'd have decorations up all year round, I've no problem with the decs going up early. For me Christmas time is a best time of year and stirs up positivite and happy thoughts. I have to admit it's not the same since my sister died but all the same, I love everything about Christmas.

Fireworks go off all year round where I live as Asians set them off for weddings and don't care what time or day or night they set them off.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 02:11 PM

In the local Home Bargains store one side of an aisle is Halloween stuff and on the same aisle the other side Christmas stuff.
I have lights in the garden all year round-"lights are not just for Christmas"
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 05:01 PM

In the caravan site I was on last week, many vans were covered with fairy lights where they could be fitted. Some gardens even had solar lights. Admittedly it helped because of the poor lighting. No high street lights, but low level ones dotted along some paths.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
In the caravan site I was on last week, many vans were covered with fairy lights where they could be fitted. Some gardens even had solar lights. Admittedly it helped because of the poor lighting. No high street lights, but low level ones dotted along some paths.
Yes down here in our van we have solar strings of twinkly (Christmas) lights as soon as the evenings start getting shorter I've got them all around our balcony and down the hedge in the back garden. My neighbour has put hers across her van and asked if we minded her putting some more along our hedge along the front of our van which we happily agreed to. Chap other side has them all along his eaves and in the hedge behind his van.

Someone said we would be told off because it's a conservation area but three years no one has even mentioned it.

I take the lights home at end of October when we shut the van up end of season and they get put round the living room until next season starts.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Christmas seems to get earlier and earlier, it really irritates me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top