Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 05:40 PM

Why Do Some Couples Need To Renew Their Marriage Vows?

Every now and again you read of married couples announcing they are going to renew their marriage vows. I can’t understand this.
To me, it’s an utter waste of money to spend on OP’s!

Is it because one of them has committed adultery and wants forgiveness or is it just an excuse to have a ‘Knees Up’?

Is this something you have done or considered whilst married?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Re: Why Do Some Couples Need To Renew Their Marriage Vows?

Maybe it is just a sentimental gesture, Art.
If supposing it is their Silver, Ruby, Gold Wedding or whatever, they like to show each other they still love them, and would happily do the same all over again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Maybe it is just a sentimental gesture, Art.
If supposing it is their Silver, Ruby, Gold Wedding or whatever, they like to show each other they still love them, and would happily do the same all over again.
Mups, lsn’t that an expensive way to express your love and it’s just for show?
Surely showing your love privately is better than flaunting it ....and less expensive!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:13 PM

I think if it's for genuine reasons, as in to show continued love and commitment to one person long term, then fine.

What annoys me is when it's a couple who haven't been married that long and one (or both) have been caught with their kecks down.

As for the expense....if they can afford it then fine.

It wouldn't be my cup of tea, I even had to be persuaded to get married with just close family and friends there, I wanted to bugger off to the registry office and grab a couple of people off the street as witnesses
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think if it's for genuine reasons, as in to show continued love and commitment to one person long term, then fine.

What annoys me is when it's a couple who haven't been married that long and one (or both) have been caught with their kecks down.

As for the expense....if they can afford it then fine.

It wouldn't be my cup of tea, I even had to be persuaded to get married with just close family and friends there, I wanted to bugger off to the registry office and grab a couple of people off the street as witnesses
Nicol, lt’s like the new ‘thing to do’.
How many couples have renewed their vows but still parted from each other? I think Katie Price (l am not sure which of her marriages it was! ) did and look how she’s ended up!

The most recent to annnounce they are retaking their vows is Richard and Judy’s daughter Chloe and her husband.
They only married about a year ago!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:28 PM

I have never understood why some people wish to go through all that again, one wedding was quite enough for me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have never understood why some people wish to go through all that again, one wedding was quite enough for me.
I agree, Tara. To me it’s all ‘show off’ and doesn’t prove anything.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Me and my husband renewed our wedding vows in the Elvis Chapel in Las Vegas. We were going on holiday to Vegas and I had heard about the Elvis Chapel and suggested to my husband we renew our vows.

Not for any particular reason like either of us have cheated or anything, just that we wanted to reaffirm our commitment to each other having gone through many things during our marriage together, of which, these things have made our marriage stronger.

It had a real fun factor, my husband dressed as Elvis and I got dressed up in 50s gear with a poodle skirt, spotted blouse, bobby socks and white pumps and a scarf tied around my neck.

There was no one else present, just me, my husband and the Elvis impersonator who carried out the ceremony.

While it had a great fun factor it also had meaning. So I got to relive one of the best days of my life, the day I got married.

I'm not really worried if people think we are daft for doing it, it's what we wanted to do and we had a great time doing it.

We had been married 35 years when we did the Las Vegas wedding.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Me and my husband renewed our wedding vows in the Elvis Chapel in Las Vegas. We were going on holiday to Vegas and I had heard about the Elvis Chapel and suggested to my husband we renew our vows.

Not for any particular reason like either of us have cheated or anything, just that we wanted to reaffirm our commitment to each other having gone through many things during our marriage together, of which, these things have made our marriage stronger.

It had a real fun factor, my husband dressed as Elvis and I got dressed up in 50s gear with a poodle skirt, spotted blouse, bobby socks and white pumps and a scarf tied around my neck.

There was no one else present, just me, my husband and the Elvis impersonator who carried out the ceremony.

While it had a great fun factor it also had meaning. So I got to relive one of the best days of my life, the day I got married.

I'm not really worried if people think we are daft for doing it, it's what we wanted to do and we had a great time doing it.

We had been married 35 years when we did the Las Vegas wedding.
LQ, Couldn’t Freddie Mercury make it? He could have been a witness!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, Couldn’t Freddie Mercury make it? He could have been a witness!
Sorry, I omitted to say Freddie was there in spirit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top