Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:57 PM

Re: Blackadder.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I never liked it. I found it a bit like watching a play rather than a TV programme. The acting was too wooden and the dialogue didn't seem rehearsed, it sounded like they were reading a script on a radio play.
Just couldn't get on with it at all.
Used to like it, but just the thought that the smug faced, self glorifying Ben Elton had a hand in writing it puts me off.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Used to like it, but just the thought that the smug faced, self glorifying Ben Elton had a hand in writing it puts me off.
Yes I forgot about him being involved. Typical smug middle class obnoxious little runt isn't he?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:22 PM

Yes I forgot about him being involved. Typical smug middle class obnoxious little runt isn't he?
.....But a good comedy writer.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I agree. The Young Ones was excellent.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:27 PM

Not in my opinion, about as funny as toothache.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Those for:

Originally Posted by Omah ->
My best advice is to give Series 1 a miss - it is not indicative of the rest of the series and will put you right off .....
Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Agreed Omah!
But you will laugh your socks off at ALL the others Tabs!
Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Along with Fawlty Towers one of the funniest British Comedies ever. Baldrick steals the show in most episodes. I have the whole set and I've watched the whole lot at least 10 times. But yes I do agree the first series is way below par with the rest.
Originally Posted by eccles ->
I agree about Series 1 - the medieval setting. He is just Mr Bean in a costume, really unfunny IMO. The other series are the funniest stuff I've seen on TV in years. However, humour is very subjective, some people roll about watching Miranda and Summer Wine which leave me totally cold, others can't stand The Office which again I loved. Depends if you prefer wit or slapstick really. If slapstick and gentle humour's your thing, forget it and give the box set to someone who'll appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Absolutely loved Blackadder.
Originally Posted by summer ->
I have a cunning plan sir

Have to chuckle just thinking about Black Adder...
I loved the series.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Those against:

I never liked it. I found it a bit like watching a play rather than a TV programme. The acting was too wooden and the dialogue didn't seem rehearsed, it sounded like they were reading a script on a radio play.
Just couldn't get on with it at all.
Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The fors have it .....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not in my opinion, about as funny as toothache.
As is yourself oh happy one......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top