Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:14 AM

When you start something.

A project ..or what ever you like.

Do you always finish it?

I started painting my sitting room,months ago,...still haven't finished it...

I wonder why ,some of us start projects,then never seem to get round to finishing them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:19 AM

Re: When you start something.

I no longer have a sense of urgency, I start projects on things that can have value added, the latest one is a motorcycle.
They get finished in the fulness of time.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Pauline, I had all sorts of jobs planned this week, but as you know, I hurt my back, in what was a very complicated manoeuvre, putting my trousers on, my problem is starting a project in the first place, once I’ve started though, I usually get it done, or as much as I can for that day...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:39 AM

I don't like incomplete projects hanging around and tend to be quite blinkered to everything else until they are finished.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:43 AM

There is no point in starting a project if one does not intend to finish it. When I did the greenhouse from taking down the wood log store

to completing erecting the greenhouse in place of it

took 3 months after clearing the site and laying a good foundation. Behind it now cleared up red paving slabs I cut to fit

That was project completed
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 01:00 PM

A few years ago my next door neighbour introduced me to the joys of cross stitching. I always loved starting a new project but often discarded it halfway through.

On one of my birthdays she presented me with a new kit to stitch. It represented a frame with the wording ...

Why is it when I'm halfway, creative joys diminish;
it's much more fun to start a thing than it ever is to finish.

The finished project had flowers around the wording and, when framed, contained an unfinished flower with a threaded needle still in it.

That was one project I did finish!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:13 PM

Enjoying reading your answers everyone...greenhouse looks great,RS.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:18 PM

I try to finish everything l start, otherwise, l will never finish it at all.
I am quite disciplined in making myself complete a task and will myself to the end.
Then you get the satisfaction that it’s done and dusted and out of the way!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 02:26 PM

I'm not always keen on starting jobs these days but when I do, I normally finish them fairly quickly. Mrs LD usually makes sure of that. I think my problem is that I have done it all so many times before that starting again has become a bit boring.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 06:51 PM

Does anyone watch ' Escape to the Chateaux ' ?
An English couple bought a Chateaux in France for £280,000 and embarked on renovating the run down, crumbling place.
It's really amazing what they did in such a short time, mostly done by themselves.

It must put most to shame, I watch and wish.

Dick and Angel Strawbridge. On most evenings on More4 sometime around 8pm.
A fascinating programme. Angel is very creative and has the most amazing ideas. Dick just does as he's told, most of the time !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top