Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 09:29 AM

Re: Calling all ignored women!

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yeah ... really can't be ***** with this sort of thing

Same 'ere Rachel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
We need more bustles, more corsets, more hats and more men with beards, then we'll stand out more and not be ignored
Absolutely Twiz particularly beards
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:25 AM

Bring back the twin set and flocked crimpolene I say, isnīt that what ladies over 30 are supposed to wear ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:42 AM

1. How old are you?
2. What does ageing mean to you?
More aches and pains
3. When do you think old age begins?
no idea
4.Do you feel you have a lot to look forward to in the future?
Hope so !
5. are there any previous preconceptions/worries you had about ageing which you have personally disproved?
not got there yet
6. Do you own a smartphone?
no
7. Which social networks do you use? (if any)
over50sforum and few other forums
8. Do you feel you are a spiritual person?
yes
9. Do you take part in any active leisure pursuits? If so, what?
I walk the dogs does that count ?
10. Would you prefer: a) something new and exciting, or b) something comfortable and familiar
b
11. Do you like to stretch yourself to try new things?
sometimes
12. Do you think it's important to follow your dreams?
yes
13. In a lifestyle magazine tailored to yourself, what would you enjoy seeing? (choose as many as you like)
- a) food and recipes
yes
- b) travel guides
no
- c) art
no
- d) fashion
no
- e) photography
yes
- f) "real" people
dear lord no
- g)simple design
possibly
- h) celebrities
are you mad ?
- i) how to create an identity
don't even know what that means I have an identity
- j) poetry/literature
yes
- k) current film and music
not really anything pre 1990's might be nice

14. Are there any other specific features you would like to see in a magazine?
crosswords, puzzles, crafts, animals particularly dogs and other pets, tv guide.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Doesn't it just! Fair enough, but try finding a size 16 in some stores.............It's pretty damn impossible
Ive had some nice tops from Wallis size 16,bought online have a look there Myra
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Bring back the twin set and flocked crimpolene I say, isnīt that what ladies over 30 are supposed to wear ?
What do you mean bring back twin sets I have just started knitting myself one nice baby blue wool
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
No no no Clumsy they were for the 60s and 70s we have moved on to the 21st century..

Leggings and long tunic tops are for now
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:10 AM

Hi Amal. There is nothing wrong with a bit of research-I used to supervise undergrads myself.

Two comments-why only address ladies? Males are also involved in fashion as well and some comments are a bit more helpful than just saying No when asked `does my bum look big in this`

The more important point though is to look at the market now-high street sales to the 50+ age group are rocketing. So women are no longer `being ignored`. Q-why is that?? My advice-just change the focus-when did the trend change and why??

People here know me for better or worse and some times I do talk sense.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:50 AM

I think from the comments some of which had me in stitches Amal
realises now that the over 50's/60's still have a sense of humour and
wont be knocked down by whatever is thrown at them. Well done ladies
and the few men who came on here.
I keep getting asked at my local branded clothes shop if I want their magazine, my answer is always the same. No I cant read. That leaves
them confused.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Hi Amal. There is nothing wrong with a bit of research-I used to supervise undergrads myself.

Two comments-why only address ladies? Males are also involved in fashion as well and some comments are a bit more helpful than just saying No when asked `does my bum look big in this`

The more important point though is to look at the market now-high street sales to the 50+ age group are rocketing. So women are no longer `being ignored`. Q-why is that?? My advice-just change the focus-when did the trend change and why??

People here know me for better or worse and some times I do talk sense.
Good point I always feel I have more choice in clothes than my husband, the rush from young fashions for men to granddad styles in the shops is speedy ! And casual clothing well, would be nice to see men helped with that because trackie bottoms may be comfy but they go beyond casual into don't care far too often.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top