Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 10:02 AM

Same old faces

Why do the same old faces take over just about every thread on this forum/? Any hint of serious points raised are immediately swallowed up in ´fluffy kitten´ exchanges under the same repeated names. Any genuine and short replies are almost universally ignored and you get a thread full of mushy exchanges of personal experiences, usually running into long and boring missives. Can´t they just have a fragrant little corner of their own?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Re: Same old faces

Hi Pete any member can post in any topic, if you don't like the responses of certain members you can always ignore their posts.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Dont fret it, state your point its just as valuable as anyones. We are all different so some are more forthcoming than others, and some subjects like tv, pets etc are popular with the membership.

Most of my topics tend to get a few replies and im grateful if members take the time to respond. There will be differences as the age range will span many decades so differing norms will translate into the threads.

Try being the only Geordie in the village,

There are plenty of corners available now, and as a site it is generally less confrontational than others and so will garner members that prefer that.

Getting locked into long `yeah but no but threads` is not for me i will state my point then maybe respond once, but usually thats it. Its impossible to please everyone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 12:02 PM

I would say without a core of members who post daily you would have a very slow and less lively forum. Forums die without members who post. If anyone dislikes how we post then ignore the member.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Pete any member can post in any topic, if you don't like the responses of certain members you can always ignore their posts.
yea that!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Of course it`s the same `old faces` none of us are getting any younger.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 12:14 PM

I do on certain days when the makeup stays put!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Why do the same old faces take over just about every thread on this forum/? Any hint of serious points raised are immediately swallowed up in ´fluffy kitten´ exchanges under the same repeated names. Any genuine and short replies are almost universally ignored and you get a thread full of mushy exchanges of personal experiences, usually running into long and boring missives. Can´t they just have a fragrant little corner of their own?
Never mind 2wheeler it will soon be the Tour de France and you can take the lead on that one.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 01:22 PM

This is an interesting thread, in as much as this always seems to be the case on every forum I've ever posted on.

You'll always find that some members have more time than others to post, and therefore they tend to form a natural core group.

The pink fluffy posts might be annoying to some, but if you look at them as a kind of gel then maybe it helps the cohesion of the forum?

Anyway we all know that women will always use three times as many words than a man !!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I do on certain days when the makeup stays put!
That made me chuckle, That could be me.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top