Join for free
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:00 PM

Racism

Does everyone believe that all racism is wrong or do some people think it's ok if directed at Scottish people .

Time after time the few of us on here who are from Scotland have to put up with Malcolm saying how much he hates everything about Scotland .

This includes

The way Scottish people speak . With handy clips of fictional characters speaking the sort of way that I have never heard in all my whole life in Scotland .

There are criticisms of Scottish food

Music

Drinks

And then he says basically that he hates everything about Scotland .

I have said before this is racism but it seems that it's ok .

I'm pretty sure if I was continually saying these sort of things about African people or Chinese people for example that it would not be tolerated for one minute .

So just wondering really if everyone else thinks it's ok ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Re: Racism

+1

A very good example(expertly pointed out to me)of Denning-Kruger.

Commonly known as BOB.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:05 PM

My psychic sixth sense is itching and telling me this is going to go well. Not.

Abbey .. had you thought of starting this thread in the new Member Moderated section .. so when it degenerates into a free for all it could be culled.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:08 PM

I agree with you Abbey .....I happen to think that the Scottish members on here shouldnt have to read such constant negative abusive posts all because they are Scottish.
I love the Scottish accents and think that Scotland is a beautiful place ,one ive yet to visit for myself properly.
I would call it racism Abbey as you have said ,it wouldnt be tolerated if it was about Chinese or African members etc..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:09 PM

I love Scotland , and the people , not sure if Malcolms remarks are Racist or just plain childish , or even just him spitting out his dislikes without a thought for others feelings .
I think its the latter to be honest .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:11 PM

Well I'm a Brummie and now live in Wiltshire. I often have the mckey taken out of my accent, the supposed idiocy of all Brummies, and pathetic attempts at mimicking our speech patterns (which always end up as poor Black Country take-offs). It doesn't bother me - I just agree with them which of course takes the wind out of their sails.

I do believe we're all guilty of racism to some degree or another.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:12 PM

Eliza surely he could keep his abusive thoughts and dislikes soley about Scottish people and Scotland to himself couldnt he? No ones saying he cant think what he wants ,just dont post it all the time for Scottish members to have to read.
Its not difficult !!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 04:13 PM

That's a bit hard when someone is full of it
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

15-09-2016, 04:14 PM

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

15-09-2016, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Eliza surely he could keep his abusive thoughts and dislikes soley about Scottish people and Scotland to himself couldnt he? No ones saying he cant think what he wants ,just dont post it all the time for Scottish members to have to read.
Its not difficult !!!
How dare you.....you are a lowly woman with nothing good to say.

Get back in the kitchen, wench.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top