Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Re: Are You Known By The Company You Keep?

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Anyone who is in AA is no better then the person they are sat beside. If I were to judge anyone in a meeting then I'm not being honest to myself. People in AA are not monsters, they are the people you see and meet everyday of your life, ministers, teachers, CEOs, housewife, builders, etc etc. We aren't to be feard, I'd say more to be admired, as we are the ones who have decided to take back control

Do I judge people by the company they keep? I try not to. I think we are all guilty of judging a book by its cover at first look, but I've been proved wrong so many times that I prefer to see how the person comes across to me.
I am a friend of Bill W.....well said Missy
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:39 PM

When you are the new kid on the block, you can sometimes fall in with the wrong crowd and find that the people you really would choose as friends do not choose you because of that.Simple as that.

what is not so simple is detaching yourself and being viewed differently. How does one change that preconceived notion?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:47 PM

I feel fortunate that I never felt the need to fit in, and could just be me.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
When you are the new kid on the block, you can sometimes fall in with the wrong crowd and find that the people you really would choose as friends do not choose you because of that.Simple as that.

what is not so simple is detaching yourself and being viewed differently. How does one change that preconceived notion?

I think you just have to be yourself and move on and keep moving on

Whatever kind of person you are, under the mistakes and cockups, will always come to the fore and its that person who makes and keeps the friends ( or not depending on said nature )
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:44 PM

Maybe you worry too much about what other people think. There will always be people who will judge you by the company you keep....

But, that is their problem, don't let it be yours.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:56 PM

I appear to be. I have lost a couple of “friends” on this forum because they don’t like certain friends on my friends list! How silly can you get?

In reality I doubt it as I am a very friendly person with everyone I meet.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Maybe you worry too much about what other people think.
To clarify...A bit of a misconception here....If you read my post at the beginning of this thread you will see that I was the one who said this to someone, it was not said to me.

I do not worry about what others think, I am quite comfortable in my own skin.

Someone wanted a friendship to continue after I left a group known for behavior which was unacceptable to me. I cannot control other's behavior but I do not have to be guilty by association.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:18 PM

The Company I keep mostly these days are Family..as for 'Friends' on here,there are less than a handful I keep in touch with very occasionally....Folk wanting to judge Me?...get a grip
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I appear to be. I have lost a couple of “friends” on this forum because they don’t like certain friends on my friends list! How silly can you get?

In reality I doubt it as I am a very friendly person with everyone I meet.
Not much sillier than that!
Pathetic.
If thats their preferred mindset then youve lost nothing, who wants small minded friends like that?

And if they havent posted on your birthday thread that says it all!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top