Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 08:15 PM

Re: Trooping the Colour .Live

Originally Posted by solo ->
It's a sign in link Puddle so maybe this one will be of interest to those that like the Royals and tradition
Royals are OK as far as I'm concerned, although not all of the hangers-on.

It's the marching and the music that I like.

When I was in the RAF, my mates thought I was completely mad because I was the only one who actually enjoyed marching!

Some young people seem to find it amusing, but my attitude is that we could do something well that they couldn't.

Yes, it makes me proud to be British as we are the best in the world at military parades, particularly the Guards.

In comparison, the Russians march like washerwomen (as my dad used to say) and the Americans casually saunter.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:06 PM

I didnt see all of it.I wonder what Meghan made of it ? I saw Harry explain things to her.Must be very over whelming
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Royals are OK as far as I'm concerned, although not all of the hangers-on.

It's the marching and the music that I like.

When I was in the RAF, my mates thought I was completely mad because I was the only one who actually enjoyed marching!

Some young people seem to find it amusing, but my attitude is that we could do something well that they couldn't.

Yes, it makes me proud to be British as we are the best in the world at military parades, particularly the Guards.

In comparison, the Russians march like washerwomen (as my dad used to say) and the Americans casually saunter.
The N. Korean march just baffles me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The N. Korean march just baffles me.
Yes, they bob up and down, don't they? Very smart and in time (or they'd be executed, no doubt), but funny to watch!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What an exuberantly, extravagant waste of money this is. About time they knocked it on the head.
Hear, hear.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What an exuberantly, extravagant waste of money this is. About time they knocked it on the head.
What waste of Money ! Please consider the revenues brought in from all over the world from this and similer events.

Whilst you may not share pride in our historical traditions, others enjoy such like and that includes military personnel that take part.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:43 AM

Although i am not a royalist i loved the Trooping of the colour .
It's such a stirring spectacle.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:54 AM

Couple of occurences

FM Guthries horse behaved impeccably when he fell off. Not heard yet on how the FM is doing.

And of course where would a parade be without Mr Fox

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Although i am not a royalist i loved the Trooping of the colour .
It's such a stirring spectacle.
Yes, it's the military side of it for me too, nothing to do with the balcony.
solo
UK

10-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, it's the military side of it for me too, nothing to do with the balcony.

That's a fair one and the same for many others. It does not have to be all about the balcony either. People historically have mainly always loved these kind of shows that stir the soul with music and pageantry.

We do military bling and drum bashing better than anyone and that's something to be proud of.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top